IGNORED

Euro 2020 delayed by a year.

Silvio Dante

No tournament football for 3 years by the time it starts hopefully the sun will be out and fingers crossed hopefully COVID 19 might be under control 

I know it seems like a million years away but a lot can change in 6 months and with the semi and final at Wembley if and it’s a big IF England  do go all the way what a chance for a party to lift the country 

euro 96 and we could get 4 tickets each for every game England played in and yet when you asked people a year in advance if they were interested no one give a monkeys ,forward to the quarter finals and every man and his dog were knocking on your door ( pre mobile phone time) 

maybe I’m bored and had a drink but potentially it could be a good tournament? Only downside properly reduced capacity and maybe home fans only and restricted travel 

we live in hope 

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

We've got tickets for the group matches in Rome. Accommodation sorted - carried over from last year.

We live in hope as you say! Although not too hopeful myself.

Feels like it could be behind closed doors in fewer countries - or just one.

Last rumour I heard was all tickets refunded, and re-sale to home fans only, based on capacity limits in each Country. Anticipation was low capacity and it would be more of a TV tournament. That is only a rumour from the press, so don’t blame me if it’s hopelessly wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I would say way it’s heading it will be in UK due to shambles of vaccination in EU. Hopefully with decent attendances as deaths and hospitalisations should drop like a stone after February when all the groups who it generally impacts are done. 

Let’s hope your correct fingers crossed 

I'd like to see it postponed until 2021.

Can't stand watching football at the moment without fans and think national games would be even worse as euro/world tournament football usually brings more of a carnival type atmosphere with the patriotism etc. Obviously this brings into play other fixture issues but Im sure it could be accommodated somehow.

Although I agree with some comments that cases will plummet in the next couple of months, still think it would be to soon for authorities to allow near full stadia ? 

17 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I would say way it’s heading it will be in UK due to shambles of vaccination in EU. Hopefully with decent attendances as deaths and hospitalisations should drop like a stone after February when all the groups who it generally impacts are done. 

Typical that it comes to England after a 20+ year wait to host and it can’t be enjoyed properly. Likely to mean we won’t host again for sometime as this will be our “chance”. 

3 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Can't stand watching football at the moment without fans and think national games would be even worse as euro/world tournament football usually brings more of a carnival type atmosphere with the patriotism etc. Obviously this brings into play other fixture issues but Im sure it could be accommodated somehow.

Although I agree with some comments that cases will plummet in the next couple of months, still think it would be to soon for authorities to allow near full stadia ? 

It is 2021

4 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

errrrrrrrrmmmmmm

29 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Prepare yourself for a shock! ....... Image result for 2021 calendar

Archived