IGNORED

Best football pub

Marina's Rolls Royce

6 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Were you there that one time when the Milwall fans just poured in, chinned a couple of locals , turned over a couple of tables and just ran our again? It was a surreal experience because it seemed to happen in slow motion yet was about 10 seconds from start to finish.

I think everything in the Try Again happened in slow motion.

9 hours ago, 054123 said:

Cardiff at home, stoke at home, even Huddersfield during the game ?

Great pub, especially on a dark Tuesday night.

The Stoke incident was funny as ****,bit off a bit more than they could chew.

10 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Little grosvenor when clivey Hall ran it proper nice pint of Bass football on and good jukebox plus my meat for the weekend ??

Ha ha,,,,used to do a bit of shopping in there myself.

Not the same since Clive left...popped in a couple of weeks ago,,,no Bass,,,no atmosphere,,,very sad to see...

Hope Clive's ok??....

9 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Were you there that one time when the Milwall fans just poured in, chinned a couple of locals , turned over a couple of tables and just ran our again? It was a surreal experience because it seemed to happen in slow motion yet was about 10 seconds from start to finish.

Yes I was, a very strange episode indeed ... it was almost like they were saying, ‘right, we’ve done that pub, tick it off the list, we’re in a hurry, onto the next one!’

I'm amazed nobody has said the Velindra, was a brilliant pub and used to be real atmosphere in there before games. Would start singing City songs in there from about 1pm.

Nowadays I vary it but on a sunny day it's The Ostrich, The Coronation, Tap and Barrel and then Masonic.

Throughout the winter do all sorts. The Assembly, The London Inn, Fitzharding (though not a fan), 3 Lions etc.

**** me, I miss waking up at 8am on a Saturday and having a day of booze, mates and football to look forward to.

7 minutes ago, JulieH said:

The best away pub I have ever witnessed for atmosphere was crystals club? At Wembley when city won the jpt trophy, the image of Dutch fans , no tops on, table diving through cider will stay with me for a long time . ??

Hope you weren't taking any particulars down Julie..... 

10 minutes ago, JulieH said:

The best away pub I have ever witnessed for atmosphere was crystals club? At Wembley when city won the jpt trophy, the image of Dutch fans , no tops on, table diving through cider will stay with me for a long time . ??

Went in there for the hull final came out totaly slaughetered and thankfully was in a coma for the majority of the game

1 hour ago, JollyestOli said:

What's the most rowdy you've ever known City fans in a pub?

Crystals does come close, the ferry to Fulham last season was also loud, Wurzels songs blaring out as the boat pulled in , tourists taking photos ????

9 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Ha ha,,,,used to do a bit of shopping in there myself.

Not the same since Clive left...popped in a couple of weeks ago,,,no Bass,,,no atmosphere,,,very sad to see...

Hope Clive's ok??....

Yes hes fine great laugh walked in yer he is Mr Bristol City shame about the Bass same as Swan with two necks and the pheonix st judes all these pubs gone to the wall cloudy Bitter now in swan 4.75 a pint Backstreet pub ffs only one pub left with Bass now Avon packett .

10 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Yes hes fine great laugh walked in yer he is Mr Bristol City shame about the Bass same as Swan with two necks and the pheonix st judes all these pubs gone to the wall cloudy Bitter now in swan 4.75 a pint Backstreet pub ffs only one pub left with Bass now Avon packett .

Swan with two necks one of my old haunts'...4.75 eh!... gentrification??

Pity about the Phoenix,,another 'proper pub' that's been wine barred !!..

Must pop round to 'the packett then for a bass...

54 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Used to love the Whitening yard/ ship and castle. A load of lads from north of the river used to drink in there pre game. 

We all did,meaders,Henbury,L Dub and Shire lads.

4 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Only thing wrong with Bass, was your arse the next day,positively evil?

14 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Yes a real shame how one bloke can ruin a great pub sells wiper an true ales also had the Hillgrove porter stores in kingsdown yuppee student ales wont work in swan see you at the packett next home match youl know are mob ten Bass drinkers out the back of pub :laugh:

Archived