IGNORED

Going to the pub

mozo

The government has recommended that avoid pubs and restaurants, but we are within our rights to do so.

So my question is, should I go for a nice pub meal on my wife's birthday this week or not?

Is it rational? Morally permissible? Right or wrong?

34 minutes ago, mozo said:

The government has recommended that avoid pubs and restaurants, but we are within our rights to do so.

So my question is, should I go for a nice pub meal on my wife's birthday this week or not?

Is it rational? Morally permissible? Right or wrong?

Honestly, as someone who is considered vulnerable, and who is spending at least the next twelve weeks stuck inside unable to see friends or family as a result, I'd really rather everyone stopped going to pubs and restaurants as, the sooner this whole thing passes, the sooner I can go back to living my life.

However I am more sympathetic to someone going out for a nice meal on a birthday than I am to people who are insisting on their right to go about their day to day lives without considering the implications for others. 

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Personally, I wouldn't. But each to their own eh. 

Talking about pubs yesterday - there will always be a hardcore of people who will always go to their local irrespective of whether or not it's good for them. 

Yes the ones sat in the same corner of Wetherspoons in a shellsuit and slip-on shoes.  I frequent the Legion on most Saturdays but will be giving that a miss of the foreseeable

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Yes the ones sat in the same corner of Wetherspoons in a shellsuit and slip-on shoes.  I frequent the Legion on most Saturdays but will be giving that a miss of the foreseeable

Yeah it'll be the same in boozers all over the country. Every pub has their die-hard regulars, come what may. 

Archived