IGNORED

Season Ticket refund

GTFABM

5 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Probably not an easy answer but has anyone read through the T’s and C’s of your season ticket to have an idea if season is cancelled if there will be a refund for remaining games? Apologies if it’s already in the Coronavirus thread.

Have posted the idea of refund to the SLO to take to the board. He promises an update.

Well if they do cancel the season, I would want any refund that is due,if due, to go to charity,I’ve already paid for it so wouldn’t miss the money. Children’s Hospice or Hospital would do nicely.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

My guess is that for now the season has been postponed so there will be no refunds.  The games will eventually take place.

If the season is cancelled, I'm fairly sure that there will be no refunds either.

Yeah agree it’s premature and i hope the season gets finished especially with the euros being postponed. Just didn’t know if it said anything in the small print. Clearly not the clubs fault so harsh for them to lose a massive amountbof money if they had to refund.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Well if they do cancel the season, I would want any refund that is due,if due, to go to charity,I’ve already paid for it so wouldn’t miss the money. Children’s Hospice or Hospital would do nicely.

Very valid point, and this would be a great gesture from our club

"IF" the season gets cancelled, I wonder if other clubs that really rely on this income, whether they will ask supporters to let them keep the money to help them survive?

The uncertainty of this situation makes an immediate decision unlikely. I know we would all like our money back but no one knows how long this will go on. Until the EFL make a decision on this season, City have to just wait. There may not be any more games this season or even next season if it escalates too much.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Yeah agree it’s premature and i hope the season gets finished especially with the euros being postponed. Just didn’t know if it said anything in the small print. Clearly not the clubs fault so harsh for them to lose a massive amountbof money if they had to refund.

Can't believe there would be anything in the T&C's about a league not being completed

A pandemic was certainly not expected to hit the whole world, I guess the only similar event could have been a world war

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Can't believe there would be anything in the T&C's about a league not being completed

A pandemic was certainly not expected to hit the whole world, I guess the only similar event could have been a world war

Cancellation works both ways though. If we cancelled we would be expected to pay in full still so wasn’t sure if there was something the other way. 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Very valid point, and this would be a great gesture from our club

"IF" the season gets cancelled, I wonder if other clubs that really rely on this income, whether they will ask supporters to let them keep the money to help them survive?

I expect quite a few of the smaller club’s fans would be willing to do so,it could actually save them from going under.

4 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

I think we have about 14000 or 15000 season ticket holders,at say an average of say £50,that’s about £700,000,WOW,what a difference that would make.

We’ve never seen the split of age group and free tickets.

I’m only guessing that there is a decent proportion of free and u12/u19 cheaper Season Cards....but you’re talking 20% of games missed if no more home games (5/23).

• Admin
10 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Cancellation works both ways though. If we cancelled we would be expected to pay in full still so wasn’t sure if there was something the other way. 

I wouldn't expect so.

The vast majority pay for their season card up front, I guess it is no difference to anyone missing a game due to holiday / illness etc

15 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

let’s hope it doesn’t get that far and we can get the season done i guess.

Sorry guys, not clear from me.

I requested SLO to seek a total refund for  those who have already paid for NEXT season's tickets who may suffer financial difficulties in the future due to loss of earnings.

20 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

A lot might welcome some money back at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We’ve never seen the split of age group and free tickets.

I’m only guessing that there is a decent proportion of free and u12/u19 cheaper Season Cards.

I’ve tried to average it out Davefevs,my ticket works out at roughly £15 a game in the South stand,5 games left equals £75.With the other stand being more expensive ,who knows,all I do know is it would be a considerable sum of money.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

I think we have about 14000 or 15000 season ticket holders,at say an average of say £50,that’s about £700,000,WOW,what a difference that would make.

I would go higher than that

OK these are next seasons figures, but on these prices the 'mean' average figure on adult tickets is £20

image.png

We have 5 home games left so would be double what you used - nearer £100 a person

Obviously this seasons prices are slightly less and this doesn't factor in all the concessionary tickets

• Admin
4 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Sorry guys, not clear from me.

I requested SLO to seek a total refund for  those who have already paid for NEXT season's tickets who may suffer financial difficulties in the future due to loss of earnings.

This thread is talking about refunds on THIS seasons season ticket IF the season is cancelled

Something different to the question that you raised. I fully understand your question, I assume those that have paid upfront will have already had their transactions completed?

Getting a refund on this money would be down to some kind of Government ruling I would imagine

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would go higher than that

OK these are next seasons figures, but on these prices the 'mean' average figure on adult tickets is £20

image.png

We have 5 home games left so would be double what you used - nearer £100 a person

Obviously this seasons prices are slightly less and this doesn't factor in all the concessionary tickets

So if only half agreed to do so,we’re still talking big bucks,especially as if we do get into a recession,charities will be hit hard.

1 hour ago, GTFABM said:

Probably not an easy answer but has anyone read through the T’s and C’s of your season ticket to have an idea if season is cancelled if there will be a refund for remaining games? Apologies if it’s already in the Coronavirus thread.

Get that, not sure what the club will or can do about it. Im more worried ive forked out for a new 2020/21 ticket and football wont start in August?

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

This thread is talking about refunds on THIS seasons season ticket IF the season is cancelled

Something different to the question that you raised. I fully understand your question, I assume those that have paid upfront will have already had their transactions completed?

Getting a refund on this money would be down to some kind of Government ruling I would imagine

Or the generosity of corporate or individual bodies.  ?

Quick calculation of 14,000 STs sold to date. Half claiming refund on avg of £500 think comes to £3.5 million. Big bucks to us but not to everyone.

I'm sure any recipient of a refund will purchase a ST when/if next season comes around.

My guess would be that this season will be completed, whether it's in front of fans or not, that's the question.
I also suspect that it will be a condensed finish where two games are played per week.

As to refunds, I can see a 'credit' being issued and that can be used to buy City merchandise, beer tokens etc. i.e. the business still keeps it but fans feel that they've got something back.

10 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

My guess would be that this season will be completed, whether it's in front of fans or not, that's the question.
I also suspect that it will be a condensed finish where two games are played per week.

As to refunds, I can see a 'credit' being issued and that can be used to buy City merchandise, beer tokens etc. i.e. the business still keeps it but fans feel that they've got something back.

Didn’t think of this solution! Good idea that.

Archived