IGNORED

Season Ticket refund

GTFABM

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

My guess would be that if the remaining games are eventually played behind closed doors (unlikely IMV) they will be streamed FOC - and a small discount offered off of next season's S/T whenever that is.

If the season is cancelled (very likely) then a bigger discount will be offered against next season's S/T - the discount probably an equal % of the % of games not fulfilled.(ie 20% of games cancelled = 20% of next S/T).

I think they would try to avoid mass cash refunds and the above solution would encourage renewals after what will most likely be a very long break.

Most ST holders have already purchased next seasons ST.

The renewals date passed at midday on Monday.

I don't think there will be any refunds unless the season is cancelled. Even then I would not expect a refund (see T@C's above) but a gesture of a cashback being put onto cards to be spent in the shop.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Most ST holders have already purchased next seasons ST.

The renewals date passed at midday on Monday.

I don't think there will be any refunds unless the season is cancelled. Even then I would not expect a refund (see T@C's above) but a gesture of a cashback being put onto cards to be spent in the shop.

I haven't renewed - I was holding off due to the current situation - I assumed the majority had done the same. I haven't seen any numbers yet so who knows? you may well be right.  I don't think a credit to be spent in the shop would be acceptable to many..........in the bars would be better!

Pretty sure our season ticket revenue was allocated in budgets and spent before we’d even paid it. 
IF (I don’t think it will be) the season were to be cancelled - I’m happy for the club to retain the left over money and I don’t think it’s even physically there to donate to charity. If it were, on this Occassion, I’d rather the club kept it anyway, personally. 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Pretty sure our season ticket revenue was allocated in budgets and spent before we’d even paid it. 
IF (I don’t think it will be) the season were to be cancelled - I’m happy for the club to retain the left over money and I don’t think it’s even physically there to donate to charity. If it were, on this Occassion, I’d rather the club kept it anyway, personally. 

Sounds about right.

On 18/03/2020 at 19:48, Bar BS3 said:

Not sure we would get a refund this year as Club would say it’s outside their control and there are still salaries and other costs to be met. Listening to Karl Robinson the other day. He was saying Oxford had lost £500,000 on the MK Dons and Portsmouth games not being played so imagine what our losses could be. 

35 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Not sure we would get a refund this year as Club would say it’s outside their control and there are still salaries and other costs to be met. Listening to Karl Robinson the other day. He was saying Oxford had lost £500,000 on the MK Dons and Portsmouth games not being played so imagine what our losses could be. 

To be clear, I'm not saying it, but some might say "It's not our fault, either"

As I've said before, it would be a nice gesture from the club to discount next season's cards for existing holders .

Hi, here is the thing that sticks in my crawl a bit. I know that the delay in this season is unavoidable and the cancellations are made in our own safety interests.

But should the Club continue pressing for 20/21 season tickets when the 2019/20 season is suspended in some state of flux, should the club delay in their season ticket campaign knowing some people will be facing financial hardship? (self employed, elderley etc..)

Here's my take on it for what it's worth!

I don't want/won't be looking for a refund for this season - that money is gone, done and dusted, much as the payment for tickets to see The Red Line next week (I donated the money to Bristol Old Vic when they rang yesterday)

Next season is a different matter - paid for on credit card with it due to be paid in May when I have no income coming in for the foreseeable future (self-employed football coach working in schools) a refund would be great to help me pay the bills!

To be fair to @JerrySLO he rang me personally to reply to my email stating the boards of each sport are constantly meeting to discuss options and a refund might be a possibility in the future. In the meantime he suggested I move to a cheaper seat to reduce my payment - soI will be leaving my seat in the Dolman after more years than I care to mention! Looking forward to more leg room next season (whenever that might start!)

33 minutes ago, 'Pack' It In said:

Hi, here is the thing that sticks in my crawl a bit. I know that the delay in this season is unavoidable and the cancellations are made in our own safety interests.

But should the Club continue pressing for 20/21 season tickets when the 2019/20 season is suspended in some state of flux, should the club delay in their season ticket campaign knowing some people will be facing financial hardship? (self employed, elderley etc..)

No they shouldn't, I haven't renewed and to be honest why should we in the present climate but no extensions of deadlines from the club, business as normal on taking our money, shocking.

4 hours ago, Chessels Chick said:

Here's my take on it for what it's worth!

I don't want/won't be looking for a refund for this season - that money is gone, done and dusted, much as the payment for tickets to see The Red Line next week (I donated the money to Bristol Old Vic when they rang yesterday)

Next season is a different matter - paid for on credit card with it due to be paid in May when I have no income coming in for the foreseeable future (self-employed football coach working in schools) a refund would be great to help me pay the bills!

To be fair to @JerrySLO he rang me personally to reply to my email stating the boards of each sport are constantly meeting to discuss options and a refund might be a possibility in the future. In the meantime he suggested I move to a cheaper seat to reduce my payment - soI will be leaving my seat in the Dolman after more years than I care to mention! Looking forward to more leg room next season (whenever that might start!)

TBF, you don't really need it, do you !                         ?

Archived