IGNORED

Sky sports and coverage of the Premier League

phantom

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Anyone have experience of BT Sport and a ‘pausing’ option before I attempt to negotiate their call systems?

BT offered me 1 month credit when I threatened to cancel. Took over 2 hours to speak to someone, mind. Got to go through the same process in a month’s time if football still suspended.

Sky so much better (so far).

57 minutes ago, phantom said:

It looks like we still maybe getting the channels?

Showing as "Free"

image.png

Correct. As far as I'm aware they just aren't charging at the moment. Channels are still showing as normal though, although most of it is reruns and sky sports news.

I had to cancel both Sky and BT sports independently. Neither offered a pause option and it seems that we’ve almost all experienced different outcomes. Looks like neither of them have kept their staff up to speed with what options are actually available.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I had to cancel both Sky and BT sports independently. Neither offered a pause option and it seems that we’ve almost all experienced different outcomes. Looks like neither of them have kept their staff up to speed with what options are actually available.

Pretty sure your Sky cancellation will not take effect for 30 days, so you could call them back up, say you have changed your mind, and then pause sports.

Worth a go.

Years ago, I cancelled because we were moving out whilst house was adapted for Joe, and rental house wouldn’t allow a dish to be be put up.  14 days later they phoned me up asking if I wanted to change my mind.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pretty sure your Sky cancellation will not take effect for 30 days, so you could call them back up, say you have changed your mind, and then pause sports.

Worth a go.

Years ago, I cancelled because we were moving out whilst house was adapted for Joe, and rental house wouldn’t allow a dish to be be put up.  14 days later they phoned me up asking if I wanted to change my mind.

I’ll try that tomorrow Dave but when I phoned first time, pausing wasn’t an option with Sky or BT but reading the posts on here it seems other were able to pause. Seems the call centre staff are giving out inconsistent messages.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ll try that tomorrow Dave but when I phoned first time, pausing wasn’t an option with Sky or BT but reading the posts on here it seems other were able to pause. Seems the call centre staff are giving out inconsistent messages.

Yes, suspect they weren’t aware at the time.

the record and catch-up functions are quite handy at this point in time

Looked into what Virgin are doing, pretty much nothing.

One forum , a guy said he spoke to them and they are not cutting charges as the sport will restart within a month or so.

They give extra data, or faster wifi, (which must be coming out of mine because it seems slower) which obviously costs them nowt.

They are also allowing you to buy more films, earlier, which will come at a premium.

But apparently they will allow you to cancel the sport. 

Now the the cynic in me would say that they expect you to rejoin when the sport starts again, and that you would lose any discounts. I'm thinking they will lose a lot of custom, like all those wanky shop owners charging over the odds for single toilet rolls. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, suspect they weren’t aware at the time.

the record and catch-up functions are quite handy at this point in time

Dave,

I paused online, and Sky have confirmed they're not charging me until Live Sports is back up running.

In the meantime, I can still watch all 11 channels free.

27 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Dave,

I paused online, and Sky have confirmed they're not charging me until Live Sports is back up running.

In the meantime, I can still watch all 11 channels free.

Yes, was just just suggesting to RR that he might be able to re-instate his cancellation.  He phoned up to cancel before the online pause option was available.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Hi can anyone help please. some people are saying sky are not billing people who have the sky sports package and some are saying you have to get in contact with them to cancel. does anyone know the answer. Thank you.

@Hampshire reds I've linked your question with a thread that was on here a few weeks ago

Hopefully some information within that which can be of help

One thing that did surprise me, I thought that I would lose the sports channels during this, bit I am still able to view them

• Admin

I had this email  this morning:

Hello,

In these challenging times, our main focus is to continue giving our customers the best service we possibly can. With many sporting events being postponed, we’ve paused your Sky Sports subscription payment as requested.

This change has been made on your account and you don’t have to do anything else;

Your Sky Sports subscription payment will be paused until live action resumes

All your sports channels, plus your recordings, will still be available to enjoy

As soon as live action returns, we will reinstate your Sky Sports subscription payment. Of course, we’ll let you know about this as soon as we get any news.

For more information and to view your bill, please use the My Sky app or visit sky.com. Sky Sports will show as Free on your future bill.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Sky.

Your ky Team

You

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I had this email  this morning:

Hello,

In these challenging times, our main focus is to continue giving our customers the best service we possibly can. With many sporting events being postponed, we’ve paused your Sky Sports subscription payment as requested.

This change has been made on your account and you don’t have to do anything else;

Your Sky Sports subscription payment will be paused until live action resumes

All your sports channels, plus your recordings, will still be available to enjoy

As soon as live action returns, we will reinstate your Sky Sports subscription payment. Of course, we’ll let you know about this as soon as we get any news.

For more information and to view your bill, please use the My Sky app or visit sky.com. Sky Sports will show as Free on your future bill.

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Sky.

Your ky Team

Your "ky" team eh phants.... 

• Admin
3 hours ago, archie andrews said:

You

Your "ky" team eh phants.... 

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Nice to be rich enough to have someone to apply it for you.........…………….

Subliminal message from Sky?

I wonder why the S didn't copy across???

That’s crap from Sky. When I phoned them to discuss my sports package in view of the lockdown I was denied the option to pause my account until sport returns. Same with BT sport.

Now they’re doing exactly what I asked for. What shits......

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That’s crap from Sky. When I phoned them to discuss my sports package in view of the lockdown I was denied the option to pause my account until sport returns. Same with BT sport.

Now they’re doing exactly what I asked for. What shits......

Your situation is different though.

You stated yourself previously that you cancelled your sports subscription before the freezing option was made available. 

I'm guessing that you had a 30 day period to change your mind? 

After the 30 days they've cancelled your subscription like you requested.

They've only done what YOU asked them to do. 

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What we will have to keep an eye on is Sky`s interpretation of `sport returns`.

Does the Sri Lankan volleyball championship (no idea if there even is one or not!) played behind closed doors count as `sport returning`?

No.

Common sense will tell you that answer 

5 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Your situation is different though.

You stated yourself previously that you cancelled your sports subscription before the freezing option was made available. 

I'm guessing that you had a 30 day period to change your mind? 

After the 30 days they've cancelled your subscription like you requested.

They've only done what YOU asked them to do. 

I wanted to pause my subscription but neither Sky or BT would allow it. So...............I felt that I had only one option - to cancel. I wasn’t prepared to carry on paying for a non existent product.

17 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What we will have to keep an eye on is Sky`s interpretation of `sport returns`.

Does the Sri Lankan volleyball championship (no idea if there even is one or not!) played behind closed doors count as `sport returning`?

Is it womens?

18 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

No.

Common sense will tell you that answer 

I was being facetious! Sky have been brilliant in all this and I doubt things will change now - most of us have a far higher opinion of them than we used to and they`ll want to keep that PR so won`t shoot themselves in the foot now.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I wanted to pause my subscription but neither Sky or BT would allow it. So...............I felt that I had only one option - to cancel. I wasn’t prepared to carry on paying for a non existent product.

Exactly.

The option was not there when you called

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Is it womens?

Does it matter?

Not every post has to be turned into a sad attempt at a joke

Archived