IGNORED

Sky sports and coverage of the Premier League

phantom

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Not every post has to be turned into a sad attempt at a joke

Why not and frankly if you don't like it then stiff shit. Lighten up and stop being a sad bore yourself. FFS. We all have our own issues at this time and our own way of dealing with it. If you you are still offended then put me on ignore and just **** right off.

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What we will have to keep an eye on is Sky`s interpretation of `sport returns`.

Does the Sri Lankan volleyball championship (no idea if there even is one or not!) played behind closed doors count as `sport returning`?

The Belarussian TV rights may be quite lucrative on this basis, can see the likes of Messi and Ronaldo rocking up in Minsk at this rate.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

That’s crap from Sky. When I phoned them to discuss my sports package in view of the lockdown I was denied the option to pause my account until sport returns. Same with BT sport.

Now they’re doing exactly what I asked for. What shits......

Do it online ‘my sky’ 

Will be the same for everyone 

38 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Why not and frankly if you don't like it then stiff shit. Lighten up and stop being a sad bore yourself. FFS. We all have our own issues at this time and our own way of dealing with it. If you you are still offended then put me on ignore and just **** right off.

The problem is that you are not remotely funny in any thread you continue to put sad childish comments in

Why not be an adult, assuming that you are and post like everyone else?!?!

You remind me of that idiot Roger Malone that used to post on here, they would constantly put stupid comments as replies.

You are nothing but a pathetic troll

I paused my Sky Sports subscription last month. Just checked my account online and they’re charging me more for part of the month than for a normal month. I normally pay £20 per month for sports but this month £28! Of course I can’t get through to speak with anyone and find out why.

7 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

The problem is that you are not remotely funny in any thread you continue to put sad childish comments in

You remind me of that idiot Roger Malone that used to post on here, they would constantly put stupid comments as replies.

Yes, of course but pathetic is your middle name. You also need to comprehend the term troll. Now just put me on ignore and then we need not cross swords ever again.

3 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

a forum that is open to all and uses banning as a last resort allows us post whatever we want (within reason) some of us will post rubbish/ nonsense some will post stuff that is more serious but that may also be rubbish/nonsense.

I have no one on ignore as I like to hear everyone's input.

PS I used to like Rogers post's and I also miss those great posters who sadly just watch games and read this forum from above.

• Admin

It looks like the first games back will be on Wednesday 17th June with Manchester City vs Arsenal and Aston Villa vs Sheffield United.

These are being played first as they are the "games in hand" these sides had from the league was halted.

Discussions for Spurs vs Man Utd to be played on Friday 19th June, all other fixtures will be staggered over that weekend to enable all games to be shown on TV 

• Admin

I HAVE JUST HAD THE FOLLOWING EMAIL FROM SKY

Whether a return from injury or a dramatic last-minute winner, there's nothing in sport like a comeback. Only this time, sport itself is coming back.

The Premier League has announced that the 19/20 season is set to return on 17 June. With 92 matches of the current season remaining, Sky Sports will show 39 games exclusively live, with an additional 25 live matches available to all Sky subscribers.

To celebrate the return of the Premier League, we will also launch new features to give fans an even more immersive experience and the chance to share the moments live with family and friends on virtual platforms.

Plus, the drama and excitement of live sport keeps coming, with the PGA Tour and Sanzaar Rugby also returning in June.

Don't worry, to enjoy the live action you don't need to do anything to unpause your subscription:

•   You’ll still have access to all your Sky Sports channels

•   Your Sky Sports subscription payment will resume automatically

•   You won’t be charged for Sky Sports for any days before 19 June 2020

If you have any questions visit our FAQs page

https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/pause/sport-is-back

Please do not call the call centre as we are prioritising our most vulnerable customers.

Your Sky Team

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So Sky had 39 of the original 45 televised games, meaning BT had 6.

Sky are adding 25 more, meaning there will be 22 left, of which BBC have 4, so I guess BT and Amazon will probably have a split of the remaining 18???

think Amazon also have four.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

So Sky had 39 of the original 45 televised games, meaning BT had 6.

Sky are adding 25 more, meaning there will be 22 left, of which BBC have 4, so I guess BT and Amazon will probably have a split of the remaining 18???

3 hours ago, RonWalker said:

think Amazon also have four.

Correct @RonWalker  

@Davefevs The remaining games are being shown as follows:

Sky Sports are showing 64 games with 25 of them being free to air on the Spike channel including Everton Vs Liverpool

BT Sports are showing 20 games - BT sports are still in discussion about whether any of these 20 will be free to air

Amazon Prime are showing 4 games - Via a subscription service

BBC Sport are showing 4 games - All games will be free to air

In addition there will be an extra addition of Match of the Day each week

BT have also announced subscribers will get 50% off of their next sports monthly subscription

ALL PREMIER LEAGUE  games will continue to be shown on free to air next season UNTIL supporters are allowed back into grounds as prior to the outbreak

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

Correct @RonWalker  

@Davefevs The remaining games are being shown as follows:

Sky Sports are showing 64 games with 25 of them being free to air on the Spike channel including Everton Vs Liverpool

BT Sports are showing 20 games - BT sports are still in discussion about whether any of these 20 will be free to air

Amazon Prime are showing 4 games - Via a subscription service

BBC Sport are showing 4 games - All games will be free to air

In addition there will be an extra addition of Match of the Day each week

BT have also announced subscribers will get 50% off of their next sports monthly subscription

ALL PREMIER LEAGUE  games will continue to be shown on free to air next season UNTIL supporters are allowed back into grounds as prior to the outbreak

Ta, think the expectation from some (not me) was that every game would be FTA.

Will be interesting what EFL do.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ta, think the expectation from some (not me) was that every game would be FTA.

Will be interesting what EFL do.

It`s going to depend on whether the games are played on the same days as Premier League ones I should think. If they are then there surely aren`t enough channels to go round.

• Admin
15 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s going to depend on whether the games are played on the same days as Premier League ones I should think. If they are then there surely aren`t enough channels to go round.

Well we know now what the kick off times will be for EPL matches:

Monday 20:00

Tuesday 18:00 and 20:00

Wednesday 18:00 and 20:00

Thursday 18:00 and 20:00

Friday 20:00

Saturday 12:30, 15:00, 17:30 and 20:00

Sunday 12:00, 14:00, 16:30 and 19:00

The question is would Sky want to put an EFL game up against an EFL game?

At best I can only see Sky covering fixtures when the live EPL game is being shown on BT, BBC or Amazon or Sky Pick so they have a spare slot then

But would they want to invest in any more coverage at the moment?

It will obviously depend on how many more games that Sky were contracted to cover

But anything they do show they will want maximum viewing figures so I expect Leeds / WBA etc to be all over anything shown

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

Well we know now what the kick off times will be for EPL matches:

Monday 20:00

Tuesday 18:00 and 20:00

Wednesday 18:00 and 20:00

Thursday 18:00 and 20:00

Friday 20:00

Saturday 12:30, 15:00, 17:30 and 20:00

Sunday 12:00, 14:00, 16:30 and 19:00

The question is would Sky want to put an EFL game up against an EFL game?

At best I can only see Sky covering fixtures when the live EPL game is being shown on BT, BBC or Amazon or Sky Pick so they have a spare slot then

But would they want to invest in any more coverage at the moment?

It will obviously depend on how many more games that Sky were contracted to cover

But anything they do show they will want maximum viewing figures so I expect Leeds / WBA etc to be all over anything shown

There's certainly an internal debate about how best to balance the existing EFL commitments with a new bumper number of PL games, but it's inevitable there's going to be some overlap and we'll just have to deal with it. Within reason, more coverage overall can only be a good thing.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

There is nothing to stop EFL games kicking off at midday 2pm and 4pm Monday to Friday

But if they are to be on TV they won't because the other kick off times are around people not being at work and college etc

Archived