IGNORED

Sky sports and coverage of the Premier League

phantom

Seems to me that the TV companies are exerting even more influence over the game. After all, with no fans to worry about, they can make the teams play when they like. Some clubs that are bleeding cash will grab this lifeboat all right. It's a sign of things to come, sadly.

5 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Apart from those people who are still working wouldn't be able to see them.

Let's be honest here we have all watched world cups in the past that have had matches that have kicked off at all kinds of ungodly hours, 2002 anybody. I don't remember it being a problem myself if that's what has to happen we will just have to get on with it what's the alternative?

• Admin
10 hours ago, pillred said:

Let's be honest here we have all watched world cups in the past that have had matches that have kicked off at all kinds of ungodly hours, 2002 anybody. I don't remember it being a problem myself if that's what has to happen we will just have to get on with it what's the alternative?

Very true but that was due to being played in a foreign country in a different timezone

On 01/06/2020 at 15:55, phantom said:

Correct @RonWalker  

@Davefevs The remaining games are being shown as follows:

Sky Sports are showing 64 games with 25 of them being free to air on the Spike channel including Everton Vs Liverpool

BT Sports are showing 20 games - BT sports are still in discussion about whether any of these 20 will be free to air

Amazon Prime are showing 4 games - Via a subscription service

BBC Sport are showing 4 games - All games will be free to air

In addition there will be an extra addition of Match of the Day each week

BT have also announced subscribers will get 50% off of their next sports monthly subscription

ALL PREMIER LEAGUE  games will continue to be shown on free to air next season UNTIL supporters are allowed back into grounds as prior to the outbreak

Amazon Prime Video will make the four Premier League games they will show when the season restarts available to watch for free.

Alex Green, the managing director of Prime Video Sport Europe, said: “Like the rest of the country, we are excited to see the Premier League return to action.

“We will be making all four of Amazon Prime Video’s additional fixtures in the 2019-20 season available free of charge; fans will not need a Prime membership to view the games on Prime Video.”

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Very true but that was due to being played in a foreign country in a different timezone

Amazon Prime Video will make the four Premier League games they will show when the season restarts available to watch for free.

Alex Green, the managing director of Prime Video Sport Europe, said: “Like the rest of the country, we are excited to see the Premier League return to action.

“We will be making all four of Amazon Prime Video’s additional fixtures in the 2019-20 season available free of charge; fans will not need a Prime membership to view the games on Prime Video.”

But they will need to promise not to moan about the tax we don't pay, and to sign up to some sort of scheme we have yet to devise that will make you wish you were a Prime subscriber.

11 hours ago, pillred said:

England will generally play one or two games, every other year, during normal working hours. People are happy to book annual holiday for this given how infrequent this happens.

No one’s going to book annual holiday if City we’re playing games during daytimes on a weekly basis.

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

England will generally play one or two games, every other year, during normal working hours. People are happy to book annual holiday for this given how infrequent this happens.

No one’s going to book annual holiday if City we’re playing games during daytimes on a weekly basis.

But with so many games being played in a relatively short space of time what is the alternative? there are only so many games that could be fitted in at times that will suit people working

• Admin
21 minutes ago, pillred said:

But with so many games being played in a relatively short space of time what is the alternative? there are only so many games that could be fitted in at times that will suit people working

I don't see any reason why the EFL games should be any different to the slots already allocated for EPL games

The games are more likely to be in the evening to give teams time to travel to away games as they wont want clubs staying overnight anywhere

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don't see any reason why the EFL games should be any different to the slots already allocated for EPL games

The games are more likely to be in the evening to give teams time to travel to away games as they wont want clubs staying overnight anywhere

And Steve can probably loan us one of his planes!

3 hours ago, pillred said:

Red button games. Split the games so there's some every/most nights, everyone gets to watch their club.

Easy.

On 03/06/2020 at 00:44, Erithacus said:

Seems to me that the TV companies are exerting even more influence over the game. After all, with no fans to worry about, they can make the teams play when they like. Some clubs that are bleeding cash will grab this lifeboat all right. It's a sign of things to come, sadly.

I think that's a bit cynical here. People physically cannot go to the stadiums. These new games are not part of the TV deals either.

17 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Wed 17 June @ 6pm - Aston Villa v Sheffield United (Sky)
Wed 17 June @ 8pm - Man City v Arsenal (Sky)
Fri 19 June @ 8pm - Tottenham v Man Utd (Sky)
Sat 20 June @ 12.30pm - Watford v Leicester (BT)
Sat 20 June @ 8pm - Bournemouth v Crystal Palace (BBC)

Surely they will show the Merseyside Derby.

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Can Liverpool clinch the title against Everton? That will definitely be on somewhere. Maybe BT have that one? ?

Think if MC don't beat Arsenal they can.

Bear in mind that Sky and BT had already picked matches several weeks in advance before the league was suspended. They'll still show those, and will still pick other games in the usual manner for each matchday, that will require a subscription to watch.

After that it's a bit of a bunfight to divide up the rest. Sky have said that the extra games they show will be FTA, as have Amazon. No word yet on whether BT will do the same.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, BT Sport are showing every single game live. 

4 hours ago, The Bard said:

Not quite. Every game is live somewhere. BT are showing 20 games I think.

Post 144 has all the details

• Admin

The firsts batch of Free-to-air Premier League matches have been confirmed

Saturday, June 20 Bournemouth v Crystal Palace 7.45pm (BBC)

Sunday, June 21 Everton v Liverpool 7pm (Sky)

Wednesday, June 24 Norwich v Everton 6pm (BBC)

Saturday, June 27 FA CUP QF: Norwich v Manchester United 8.15pm (BBC)

Monday June, 29 Crystal Palace v Burnley 8pm (Amazon)

So with 30 out of the 108 remaining games to be shown on Sky... how many do you think we'll get? We don't play many of the Sky favourites so we might be lacking.

Might have to rely on RobinsTV where it's £10 a match (Don't have an ST). I expected some type of discount if you purchased a pass to watch all of them.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wasn't Nottingham Forest away due to be on Sky? Should be, being a clash of 2 playoff contenders.

It was and the Wednesday game (possibly Boro & Hull too) was due to be on the red button.

Every chance Swansea away would have been picked too when they made their minds up further down the line.

Archived