IGNORED

Probably only time I could start this

Bcfccity

14 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

Are Clark’s pies absolutely w@%$ , I’m sorry but a few people rave about them but they are as tough a Gandhi’s flip flop and dry as a nuns “you know what” what is the appeal.

if you get a good one it’s still like eating weston sea front!

i've only ever eaten about 2 mouth fulls.  full of gristle, horrible, dry  filling and not particularly tasty. I have never understood the love for them.

14 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I wouldn't bother now - totally different.

Nothing like they used to be which was full of gravy and edible beef with a nice hard lid to lift off and use to scoop up the gravy and beef.

Nowadays you get a bit of dried up mince on the bottom taking up a quarter of the pie with a pastry to break yer teeth.

They're crap - the pies in the stadium are 100% better, a bit dearer but very good.

My gran and granddad worked in the North St shop, they'd be turning in their graves if they knew this.

I haven't had one since childhood, but the thick dark brown gravy  in them was delicious back then.  

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

My gran and granddad worked in the North St shop, they'd be turning in their graves if they knew this.

I haven't had one since childhood, but the thick dark brown gravy  in them was delicious back then.  

Not sure of the meat content in days of yore, but it is now 7.8% with another 7.8% of spuds and some onion.

The rest is made up of non-food stuff.

Not sure how that compares with others..

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure of the meat content in days of yore, but it is now 7.8% with another 7.8% of spuds and some onion.

The rest is made up of non-food stuff.

Not sure how that compares with others..

Quite thick chunks of meat back in it in those days too. Lovely glazed pastry. My granfer was a skilled baker and he took pride in the crusts on Clarks pies.

15 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Nothing like they used to be which was full of gravy and edible beef with a nice hard lid to lift off and use to scoop up the gravy and beef.

Nowadays you get a bit of dried up mince on the bottom taking up a quarter of the pie with a pastry to break yer teeth.

They're crap - the pies in the stadium are 100% better, a bit dearer but very good.

The only thing that has changed with a Clark's pie is slightly less gravy (h&s apparently), there has been no change of recipe. They remain the superior pie of the west country and far better than any Pukka (puke) pie or any other pie sold in the stadium, which are not just a bit dearer but almost double the cost of the £1.90 you pay for Clark's. 

IF you want a better pie than Clark's you have to shop up north. 

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The only thing that has changed with a Clark's pie is slightly less gravy (h&s apparently), there has been no change of recipe. They remain the superior pie of the west country and far better than any Pukka (puke) pie or any other pie sold in the stadium, which are not just a bit dearer but almost double the cost of the £1.90 you pay for Clark's. 

All a matter of opinion and taste.

I think they are now crap and there is much better to be had in Bristol.

They used to be moist and meaty.  Now they are dry and the meat is tough.  I really can't understand why firms ruin their brand to save a few pennies.  Jacobs Club biscuits are another prime example.  Remember when there was "a lot of chocolate on your biscuit"?

Ginsters Pasties don't seem as great as they once were either.

How many other brands have you seen destroyed like this?

8 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

.......even my metal fork bent trying to ge through the pastry! 

Uri Geller has made a very successful career from bending forks. He got the idea after eating a Clarks pie. Not many people know that 

21 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

I thought I would raise my head now :laugh: I would like to add it was from a chip shop.

even my metal fork bent trying to ge through the pastry! 

You’re meant to suck them,a bit like a gob stopper ?

11 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

You can’t get a better cheese and onion than Clarks. Never from chip shop or somewhere weird though, van, North street shop or nothing.

**** the ones in the ground 

The pasties in the ground look OK, but they are curiously tasteless IMO. Quite expensive as well.

On the rare occasions I want food at the Gate these days I get a botulism burger from outside. Or eat somewhere nice in North St, before walking down.

23 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They used to be moist and meaty.  Now they are dry and the meat is tough.  I really can't understand why firms ruin their brand to save a few pennies.  Jacobs Club biscuits are another prime example.  Remember when there was "a lot of chocolate on your biscuit"?

Ginsters Pasties don't seem as great as they once were either.

How many other brands have you seen destroyed like this?

Used to be moist and meaty, but now dry and tough? Reminds me of my ex wife.

On 18/03/2020 at 12:30, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Noooooo

The very best pies are the Higgiddy Pies sold at Brighton Mmmm

And they sell Harvey's Bitter

Go south my son.

1 hour ago, Red Bill said:

Noooooo

The very best pies are the Higgiddy Pies sold at Brighton Mmmm

And they sell Harvey's Bitter

Go south my son.

Chicken and Chorizo empanadas in your neck of the woods ? Very nice.

On 17/03/2020 at 20:00, Bcfccity said:

Are Clark’s pies absolutely w@%$ , I’m sorry but a few people rave about them but they are as tough a Gandhi’s flip flop and dry as a nuns “you know what” what is the appeal.

if you get a good one it’s still like eating weston sea front!

Admins , this poster needs banning.

1 hour ago, kelbcfc said:

Used to throw the Clark pies at the away fans in the late 70s early 80s.

If they weren't knocked out the lava like filling would get em. 

Clarks pies seem to have been a well used missile. I remember watching The Herd (with Peter Frampton as singer) playing at the Victoria Rooms in the 60s. They weren’t very good and suddenly a group of people bombarded them with Clarks pies. I did consider going onto the stage to retrieve the pies, but decided against this  

On 17/03/2020 at 20:38, bcfc01 said:

My old parents love them - we go to North Street once a month and get a dozen

to me , my brothers and I and my parents they are the same and are delicious 

Archived