Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bcfccity

Probably only time I could start this

Are Clark’s pies absolutely w@%$ , I’m sorry but a few people rave about them but they are as tough a Gandhi’s flip flop and dry as a nuns “you know what” what is the appeal.

if you get a good one it’s still like eating weston sea front!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Aubergine 1
  • Unicorn 1
  • Hedgehog 1
  • Snake 4

4 minutes ago, Bcfccity said:

Are Clark’s pies absolutely w@%$ , I’m sorry but a few people rave about them but they are as tough a Gandhi’s flip flop and dry as a nuns “you know what” what is the appeal.

Have you no shame?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bcfccity said:

There's definitely pies/pasties out there with a better filling to pastry ratio than a Clark's pie. I'll still happily eat one though!  

• Like 1

Get yourself down north street in the Clarke’s pie shop. Just been cooked absolutely beautiful. Not from the chip shop they can put your windows through 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
  • Rovers 1

5 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

To the tower with you.

Don’t send him to the Tower. That’s too good for him. Make him suffer by forcing him to have a season ticket to watch the Rovers. 

Oh man, I've not had one for 20 odd years, used to love them! Maybe the recipe has changed? Also there's an art to eating them so they didn't collapse and scald your fingers :laugh:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bcfccity said:

Get out!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Oh man, I've not had one for 20 odd years, used to love them! Maybe the recipe has changed? Also there's an art to eating them so they didn't collapse and scald your fingers :laugh:

I wouldn't bother now - totally different.

Nothing like they used to be which was full of gravy and edible beef with a nice hard lid to lift off and use to scoop up the gravy and beef.

Nowadays you get a bit of dried up mince on the bottom taking up a quarter of the pie with a pastry to break yer teeth.

They're crap - the pies in the stadium are 100% better, a bit dearer but very good.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

How very dare you! 

Clarks pies (Clarks not Clark's by the way) are mint. 

Still loving them and the pasties after many years of consumption. 

I think they are only made in Bemmy now. 

• Like 1
  • Rovers 1

2 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Nor me, used to love them, even though there were some dodgy tales from the kitchen....  I also used to love their flaky pasties, bit of peppery spice and that greasy flaky pastry..... mmmmm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, freezer said:

How very dare you! 

Clarks pies (Clarks not Clark's by the way) are mint. 

Still loving them and the pasties after many years of consumption. 

I think they are only made in Bemmy now. 

Sure it's not Clark's? Their website uses the apostrophe.

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

And what is wrong with that?

You’re panic buying all the pies😇

• Like 1

I had one in 1986, from the chip shop next to the Mardyke. I haven't had one since, although I have planned to try one this season, from the van on match day. I just can't bring myself to do so…:sweatingbullets: 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Real Red said:

Stopped eating this season after finding a fingernail cutting in one 🤮

I wonder if it belonged to that bloke I knew

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Real Red said:

Stopped eating this season after finding a fingernail cutting in one 🤮

Was it well manicured 🤢

14 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

i've only ever eaten about 2 mouth fulls.  full of gristle, horrible, dry  filling and not particularly tasty. I have never understood the love for them.

• Rovers 1

Not over keen on the pies,usually have a flakey,although I did have a Balti pie a couple of games ago and that was quite good.

14 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Nothing like they used to be which was full of gravy and edible beef with a nice hard lid to lift off and use to scoop up the gravy and beef.

Nowadays you get a bit of dried up mince on the bottom taking up a quarter of the pie with a pastry to break yer teeth.

They're crap - the pies in the stadium are 100% better, a bit dearer but very good.

My gran and granddad worked in the North St shop, they'd be turning in their graves if they knew this.

I haven't had one since childhood, but the thick dark brown gravy  in them was delicious back then.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

My gran and granddad worked in the North St shop, they'd be turning in their graves if they knew this.

I haven't had one since childhood, but the thick dark brown gravy  in them was delicious back then.  

Not sure of the meat content in days of yore, but it is now 7.8% with another 7.8% of spuds and some onion.

The rest is made up of non-food stuff.

Not sure how that compares with others..

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not sure of the meat content in days of yore, but it is now 7.8% with another 7.8% of spuds and some onion.

The rest is made up of non-food stuff.

Not sure how that compares with others..

Quite thick chunks of meat back in it in those days too. Lovely glazed pastry. My granfer was a skilled baker and he took pride in the crusts on Clarks pies.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

The only thing that has changed with a Clark's pie is slightly less gravy (h&s apparently), there has been no change of recipe. They remain the superior pie of the west country and far better than any Pukka (puke) pie or any other pie sold in the stadium, which are not just a bit dearer but almost double the cost of the £1.90 you pay for Clark's. 

IF you want a better pie than Clark's you have to shop up north. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The only thing that has changed with a Clark's pie is slightly less gravy (h&s apparently), there has been no change of recipe. They remain the superior pie of the west country and far better than any Pukka (puke) pie or any other pie sold in the stadium, which are not just a bit dearer but almost double the cost of the £1.90 you pay for Clark's. 

IF you want a better pie than Clark's you have to shop up north. 

All a matter of opinion and taste.

I think they are now crap and there is much better to be had in Bristol.

They used to be moist and meaty.  Now they are dry and the meat is tough.  I really can't understand why firms ruin their brand to save a few pennies.  Jacobs Club biscuits are another prime example.  Remember when there was "a lot of chocolate on your biscuit"?

Ginsters Pasties don't seem as great as they once were either.

How many other brands have you seen destroyed like this?

I thought I would raise my head now :laugh: I would like to add it was from a chip shop.

even my metal fork bent trying to ge through the pastry! 

8 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

.......even my metal fork bent trying to ge through the pastry! 

Uri Geller has made a very successful career from bending forks. He got the idea after eating a Clarks pie. Not many people know that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

I thought I would raise my head now :laugh: I would like to add it was from a chip shop.

even my metal fork bent trying to ge through the pastry! 

You’re meant to suck them,a bit like a gob stopper 😂

11 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

You can’t get a better cheese and onion than Clarks. Never from chip shop or somewhere weird though, van, North street shop or nothing.

**** the ones in the ground 

The pasties in the ground look OK, but they are curiously tasteless IMO. Quite expensive as well.

On the rare occasions I want food at the Gate these days I get a botulism burger from outside. Or eat somewhere nice in North St, before walking down.

23 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They used to be moist and meaty.  Now they are dry and the meat is tough.  I really can't understand why firms ruin their brand to save a few pennies.  Jacobs Club biscuits are another prime example.  Remember when there was "a lot of chocolate on your biscuit"?

Ginsters Pasties don't seem as great as they once were either.

How many other brands have you seen destroyed like this?

Used to be moist and meaty, but now dry and tough? Reminds me of my ex wife.

• Haha 1