IGNORED

Probably only time I could start this

Bcfccity

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

# …….you're a b*****d referee! 

( remember The Gate when that one used to ring out all around the ground?  the old 'uns are the best! ? )

Forgot that one, not heard it for years.

Where's yer father...:laugh:

On 17/03/2020 at 20:38, bcfc01 said:

I wouldn't bother now - totally different.

Nothing like they used to be which was full of gravy and edible beef with a nice hard lid to lift off and use to scoop up the gravy and beef.

Nowadays you get a bit of dried up mince on the bottom taking up a quarter of the pie with a pastry to break yer teeth.

They're crap - the pies in the stadium are 100% better, a bit dearer but very good.

We have just been shopping, ended up on North street and in the interest of science I got a couple.

I would like to say that the .pastry is even better than I remember, the base could be a little soft/stodgy , and the filling was very tasty . Less gravel than before, but that just meant  I didn't spill it all down my top, which I did in the Williams enclosure in the 80's. Brand new light grey Fila polo shirt, not a great look with a large (hot) stripe of gravy down the front of it.

Recommended  out of 5 ⭐ I'd give it a 'Gert Lush'

On 19/03/2020 at 13:39, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Greasy, mutton Scotch pie is the best.

Nothing to do with Clark's pies, which, incidentally, I thought originated in Cardiff, but I have always been intrigued by this tag to your posts.

The bastard son of Dean Friedman

I am assuming you are referring to HMHB's song, but just wondered whether you also liked DF.

I used to quite like Dean Friedman back in the 1970s, but had frequent arguments with my contemporaries as to his 'best' song; the UK chart hit 'Lucky Stars' or, my preference, 'Ariel'.

Upon reflection, I am now thinking you have probably never listened to a DF song ?.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Nothing to do with Clark's pies, which, incidentally, I thought originated in Cardiff, but I have always been intrigued by this tag to your posts.

The bastard son of Dean Friedman

I am assuming you are referring to HMHB's song, but just wondered whether you also liked DF.

I used to quite like Dean Friedman back in the 1970s, but had frequent arguments with my contemporaries as to his 'best' song; the UK chart hit 'Lucky Stars' or, my preference, 'Ariel'.

Upon reflection, I am now thinking you have probably never listened to a DF song ?.

I remember Lucky Stars...can't really say that it's my thing.  Each to their own!

I was gutted when the Kingswood shop closed, as the Clark's pies and pasties from there were superb. Rarely get to have one nowadays unless at the chippy and they are drier!!

But the best pie ever was a meat and potato at Doncaster (Belle Vue) around 1983 

?

Archived