IGNORED

On Line Shopping

Markman

I know this is C-19 linked but I thought I would share and things get lost in the mass thread

My Parents are both 90+ and have health issues - they gave me  shopping list and so I thought shop on-line (1 of everything nu bulk buying) - with Tesco and Sainsbury and ASDA so far there no messages on websites however having done the shop there are no slots for at least 3 weeks - for anyone!

Ok - I can try and get out tomorrow and get something from somewhere but they cannot so it makes this situation even worse for the vulnerable if they have no-one - sigh

3 minutes ago, Markman said:

I know this is C-19 linked but I thought I would share and things get lost in the mass thread

My Parents are both 90+ and have health issues - they gave me  shopping list and so I thought shop on-line (1 of everything nu bulk buying) - with Tesco and Sainsbury so far there no messages on websites however having done the shop there are no slots for at least 3 weeks - for anyone!

Ok - I can try and get out tomorrow and get something from somewhere but they cannot so it makes this situation even worse for the vulnerable if they have no-one - sigh

Thanks for highlighting this. Saintsbury's offering priority for over 70's but how does one advise the retailer that one is over 70.

Try Click & Collect. You will have to go to a store but what is available will be ready.

Hi mate, totally agree the supermarket situation is unacceptable at present.

i went into my local Sainsbury’s today and one thing they did say is that the best time to go if you need some staple items (bread/milk/eggs/potatoes/ meat) is later in the evening as they have deliveries between 8-10pm and will try and get things out quickly, and maybe better than going in the morning when they are seeing the peak activity.

not sure if this helps your situation, hope your folks are ok

8 minutes ago, Markman said:

My Parents are both 90+ and have health issues - they gave me  shopping list and so I thought shop on-line (1 of everything nu bulk buying) - with Tesco and Sainsbury and ASDA so far there no messages on websites however having done the shop there are no slots for at least 3 weeks - for anyone!

Just because you order stuff online, don't expect to get it all. They do warn you of potential replacement items during 'normal' times. Don't be surprised if they just don't supply. With the moron virus taking hold, at least if you go out you can see what's there.

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Thanks for highlighting this. Saintsbury's offering priority for over 70's but how does one advise the retailer that one is over 70.

Try Click & Collect. You will have to go to a store but what is available will be ready.

so far every click and collect has gone as well for every date in the next 14 days - I am not expecting everything but I can't get anything!

Archived