IGNORED

Lengthy Interview with Scott Murray

Shtanley

Listened to the whole interview well into the early hours as I couldn't sleep last night. 

I really enjoyed it and Scott clearly absolutely loves the club and enjoys talking about his time here. I really enjoyed his memories of the Cardiff game and of Wembley. 

My only slight issue is that Scott comes across as so positive the interview brushes over some of the stuff that could have been explored a bit more. Did the obvious drinking culture effect the team performances under Danny Wilson and what were some of the things that went on under O'Driscoll for example? 

The O'Driscoll era was particularly glossed over and if you listened to Scott in the interview everything the manager was doing at this time was fine. 

As I said though, overall it was a brilliant interview. 

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Listened to the whole interview well into the early hours as I couldn't sleep last night. 

I really enjoyed it and Scott clearly absolutely loves the club and enjoys talking about his time here. I really enjoyed his memories of the Cardiff game and of Wembley. 

My only slight issue is that Scott comes across as so positive the interview brushes over some of the stuff that could have been explored a bit more. Did the obvious drinking culture effect the team performances under Danny Wilson and what were some of the things that went on under O'Driscoll for example? 

The O'Driscoll era was particularly glossed over and if you listened to Scott in the interview everything the manager was doing at this time was fine. 

As I said though, overall it was a brilliant interview. 

I do agree. Once it had finished I knew there were loads of funny stories but didn’t get his thoughts on any serious topics. Easy with hindsight but could’ve asked him questions I asked Carey about drinking culture. There was a lot to get through so maybe I was just keen to go through things. 

I was on the Bob-Bank that day. He endured dog's abuse right from the kick off (a backhanded compliment of his perceived threat to us). 

I can tell you that many an opposition player would be reluctant to take a throw in from anywhere near that side of the pitch. 

Fair do's he ran almost the entire length with a genuine smile on his face. 

The game needs more characters like him. 

Archived