Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Shtanley

Lengthy Interview with Scott Murray

Listened to the whole interview well into the early hours as I couldn't sleep last night. 

I really enjoyed it and Scott clearly absolutely loves the club and enjoys talking about his time here. I really enjoyed his memories of the Cardiff game and of Wembley. 

My only slight issue is that Scott comes across as so positive the interview brushes over some of the stuff that could have been explored a bit more. Did the obvious drinking culture effect the team performances under Danny Wilson and what were some of the things that went on under O'Driscoll for example? 

The O'Driscoll era was particularly glossed over and if you listened to Scott in the interview everything the manager was doing at this time was fine. 

As I said though, overall it was a brilliant interview. 

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Listened to the whole interview well into the early hours as I couldn't sleep last night. 

I really enjoyed it and Scott clearly absolutely loves the club and enjoys talking about his time here. I really enjoyed his memories of the Cardiff game and of Wembley. 

My only slight issue is that Scott comes across as so positive the interview brushes over some of the stuff that could have been explored a bit more. Did the obvious drinking culture effect the team performances under Danny Wilson and what were some of the things that went on under O'Driscoll for example? 

The O'Driscoll era was particularly glossed over and if you listened to Scott in the interview everything the manager was doing at this time was fine. 

As I said though, overall it was a brilliant interview. 

I do agree. Once it had finished I knew there were loads of funny stories but didn’t get his thoughts on any serious topics. Easy with hindsight but could’ve asked him questions I asked Carey about drinking culture. There was a lot to get through so maybe I was just keen to go through things. 

• Like 1

@ShtanleyTo be fair to you mate, don't know what you're background is but your interview technique is great. You certainly kept up a 90 odd minute conversation, letting the stories flow out. 

I guess when you have over 20 years of history with the club to cover there's a wealth of riches. 

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Bob-Bank that day. He endured dog's abuse right from the kick off (a backhanded compliment of his perceived threat to us). 

I can tell you that many an opposition player would be reluctant to take a throw in from anywhere near that side of the pitch. 

Fair do's he ran almost the entire length with a genuine smile on his face. 

The game needs more characters like him. 

Edited by Latcher
  • Like 7