IGNORED

Uncle Pete to Second Cousin Adam!

Davefevs

There are a lot of people with roles that don't really mean anything. 

Let's be honest, anyone with a half decent understanding of football can spot a player. It's a nepotistic and corrupt business football.  Just look at how Allardyce and Ferguson have sons who were agents. 

This brought back awful memories of Gary Johnson’s brother Pete when was City scout.  It reminded me of Peter Štyvar, who I’ve been trying to forget.  That said, I might be in a minority, as the OTIB thread from 2008 seems to think he was a jolly good bean 

43 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think I would know most of my second cousins if they passed me in the street, it's a fairly vague family link really. 

Definitely. And we're talking about someone who has previously worked in scouting roles at Fulham, Charlton and Southampton. If he had no link to LJ, nobody would think twice about the appointment given the strength of the CV.

Neptotism is a very bad thing but, at the same time, it is ridiculous to exclude someone who is potentially right for a role simply because of a family link. 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

This brought back awful memories of Gary Johnson’s brother Pete when was City scout.  It reminded me of Peter Štyvar, who I’ve been trying to forget.  That said, I might be in a minority, as the OTIB thread from 2008 seems to think he was a jolly good bean 

Let’s not rewrite history - Pete Johnson was part of the recruitment team who bought in lots of great (often bargain) players.

Basso, Noble, Elliot..

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think I would know most of my second cousins if they passed me in the street, it's a fairly vague family link really. 

is it my parents brother/sister sons son? I only have 1 cousin and he had a ball removed at a young age. don't think he made any children

14 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

is it my parents brother/sister sons son? I only have 1 cousin and he had a ball removed at a young age. don't think he made any children

Two balls aren’t  necessary to produce children RS......I used to work with a guy , a doctor who has only one testicle from birth and he has two kids with different women and his wife was expecting a third. 

The best coaches in the world would never put up with this kind of nepotism!

Just look at someone like Bill Belichick for example with one son as his defensive play caller and the other working in scouting.

Wait...

It just matters if they're good at their job or not. Everyone gets opportunities or not based on who they know. It's a problem if they're incompetent once they get those opportunities. And since we have no idea of this guys exact role, or his ability, we're not in a position to judge that.

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I've got a 2nd cousin who's worth £14m (honest). Played with him as a kid (he's same age). Tried getting in contact a few years ago...no response! ?

The bastard!

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Two balls aren’t  necessary to produce children RS......I used to work with a guy , a doctor who has only one testicle from birth and he has two kids with different women and his wife was expecting a third. 

I get that RR thankyou. it might have been damaged though as they got smashed into his groin .  might just be he didn't want kids,was a bit way out  and strange. into all that hippy stuff in the 70s

16 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

And a lot of rubbish as well, which the next 2-3 managers had to deal with.

I think overall our recruitment under GJ was good. Lots of excellent finds. I'd argue actually it was the rubbish assembled by Coppell/Millen/McInnes that impacted the club far more than any GJ signing. 

Archived