IGNORED

Uncle Pete to Second Cousin Adam!

Davefevs

11 hours ago, The Bard said:

Let's be honest, anyone with a half decent understanding of football can spot a player....

Hahahahaha! You obviously haven’t read many posts on here from the last decade or so - quick summary - the experts on here have summarily dismissed fine players and whipped up frenzied support for absolute duds - many, many times ... the same with managers ...

22 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Adam’s Family 

family adams GIF

i see Flinty looking dapper with his bow tie .

John Gorman. 
Ray Wilkins 

Luke Freeman in front of Flinty

Lee in stripey T shirt 

Greta Thunberg front left .

What about Ivan Testimitanu besides Flinty ?

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think overall our recruitment under GJ was good. Lots of excellent finds. I'd argue actually it was the rubbish assembled by Coppell/Millen/McInnes that impacted the club far more than any GJ signing. 

Player recruitment these days at AG is far more professional than its ever been - just as pretty much everything else is.

In my view the club is now more professional in every department than its ever been. Thankfully the days of the club being run by well meaning amateurs are long gone

20 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Let’s not rewrite history - Pete Johnson was part of the recruitment team who bought in lots of great (often bargain) players.

Basso, Noble, Elliot..

For every bargain we bought in that time, there was an equal amount of dross (Smith, Savage etc). The only player I remember us selling for a profit in that time was Carle. 

Don’t underestimate the lasting financial damage done by signing the likes of Sno, Saborio, Velicka etc. If my memory’s right, Velicka cost us £500k, bust his knee five minutes into his debut at home to QPR - and he was only on loan. 

Archived