IGNORED

Bands that missed out (unjustly, in your opinion)

AppyDAZE

On 29/03/2020 at 15:58, 1960maaan said:

While I listed some who I thought were underrated , I have to repeat Fortune Drive. Bobby Anderson, son of Carleen, has an amazing voice and they were fantastic live. It is a travesty they never got anywhere. I think they had the odd radio play, a mate saw them in a tent at Glasto where they got good feedback, then nothing. Funny how some make it and others?? Just luck I guess.

Love little Bobby, such a talented lad. Still rocking out with The 45s.

14 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Someone who had one BIG hit single and made one fantastic album, if you're not aware of it..

Eddie and the Hot Rods -  Life On The Line (1977)

If you love guitar rock (duh guitar is rock , but you know what i mean), you have to own this record.

I preferred Teenage Depression personally but Life On The Line isn`t too shabby.

I take it you saw that Barrie Masters passed away last year?

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I preferred Teenage Depression personally but Life On The Line isn`t too shabby.

I take it you saw that Barrie Masters passed away last year?

Youre right. THAT is a brilliant record. I love both. Top call.

The solos are better on Life

Bryan Jonestown Massacre , incredible output and incredible , ahem , input .

Anti-pop psychedelic rock. 

Anton Newcombe is a bit of an eccentric  and an antagonistic synt. The most amazing thing about him is that he’s not dead with the amount of interesting substances he’s introduced to his body and the number of people he’s pissed off .

I saw them a few years ago and people in the audience were calling out for certain songs to be played . Newcombe stopped playing and started hurling abuse at them . 

He said ‘ We aren’t going to do what you say ‘ 

I shouted out ‘ stop playing ‘ .

On 20/03/2020 at 22:00, Ronnie Sinclair said:

The Slits were a Peel favourite I seem to recall

If not already mentioned, I have been listening to this a bit recently, a great cover, which needs to be played on a system with some bass

26 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Bryan Jonestown Massacre , incredible output and incredible , ahem , input .

Anti-pop psychedelic rock. 

Anton Newcombe is a bit of an eccentric  and an antagonistic synt. The most amazing thing about him is that he’s not dead with the amount of interesting substances he’s introduced to his body and the number of people he’s pissed off .

I saw them a few years ago and people in the audience were calling out for certain songs to be played . Newcombe stopped playing and started hurling abuse at them . 

He said ‘ We aren’t going to do what you say ‘ 

I shouted out ‘ stop playing ‘ .

Not listened to a great deal of their stuff, but a friend of mine (whose musical tastes I trust) raves about them.

Ended up calling themselves Y&T. and went "metal" and all that shit BUT. .. had a bit of success back in the 80s. This incarnation of the band is tight, and bloody good actually. The guitarist/vocalist is excellent, as is the rhythm section. Tight as a nun's, with Bonham-esque drumming to boot, ****, I love this video. Early Yesterday & Today, boys and girls...

Real music fans, ignore this at your peril. it is a brilliant watch.

I'm glad this thread got me thinking about bands i haven't played much in ages.

Got me digging out all my Pavement / Stephen Malkmus music.

Mighty fine artist, folks. Has kept up a good level of consistency right up to this day.

Brighten The Corners album (1997) playing now. SUPERB record.

Archived