IGNORED

Could Radio Bristol dig out some of those radio commentarys?

3 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

The Mansfield 5 4 game was apparently good listening.... but I was there even better

Incredible game, scenes inside and outside, i was there too (mostly flying over the seats celebrating!), you had to be there to believe it...

On 21/03/2020 at 11:06, archie andrews said:

The Mansfield 5 4 game was apparently good listening.... but I was there even better

I remember that when he was describing Christian Roberts' stunning winner, commentator Alastair Durden's voice escalated to such a high pitch that dogs throughout the West Country screamed in agony. 

Radio Bristol is asking for football followers to request a classic piece of radio commentary.

Here are mine Wednesday 17 March 1976 West Brom v City a one nil win with a Gerry Sweeney goal.

The Mansfield game of course,the BBC did not have control of the film footage of the game,as it was filmed by ITV..

But  BBC points west over dubbed the film footage with Ali Durdains radio commentary.

I still have got that DVD.

On 21/03/2020 at 08:22, Rossi the Robin said:

Still remember the Chelsea 1990 FA Cup win  - my mum recorded it for me.

Will never forget the 3rd goal from Mark Gavin that sealed it 3-1. Phil Tottle and Rovers commentator Colin Howlett did a great joint job ?? would love to hear it again 

That was either my first game or the first game or any game I have any memory of. 

My father is adamant I went before that, but I have no recollection whatsoever 

On 21/03/2020 at 11:10, BanburyRed said:

Incredible game, scenes inside and outside, i was there too (mostly flying over the seats celebrating!), you had to be there to believe it...

I was flying home from Orlando. Long before smart phones. When I left we were 4-2 down. Didn't know about the comeback until Sunday afternoon back in Bristol

On 21/03/2020 at 11:10, BanburyRed said:

It was incredible. I’ve never witnessed scenes like that for a normal league game. When that winning goal went in it was pandemonium. 

5 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Searched on Sky yesterday and found highlights of the Hartlepool game available for download.  Christian Roberts’s goal as good as ever.  What a moment!

It's on YouTube. I still get goosebumps all these years after.

On 21/03/2020 at 10:21, exAtyeoMax said:

I've got the Man U commentary somewhere, shame I don't have the Manc radio version

Could you send the Radio Briz commentary to me? I don't think I've ever heard it. Only seen the sky sports coverage.

Archived