IGNORED

Season Tickets

DavidNoble

Hi everyone,

Has there been anyone announcement about the season ticket renewal dates and process?

I, like many of my friends, didn’t renew in the end due to the uncertainty of the virus and the lack of job security I was getting. I still don’t know if I’ll get paid and couldn’t justify £300+ on a season ticket. 

I want to keep my same seat but couldn’t do so. 

I know there’s much more important things right now, and we don’t even know when next season would be, but do you think there’s a chance they’d start the renewal process again?

15 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Hi everyone,

Has there been anyone announcement about the season ticket renewal dates and process?

I, like many of my friends, didn’t renew in the end due to the uncertainty of the virus and the lack of job security I was getting. I still don’t know if I’ll get paid and couldn’t justify £300+ on a season ticket. 

I know there’s much more important things right now, and we don’t even know when next season would be, but do you think there’s a chance they’d start the renewal process again?

You might have done the right thing by not renewing, if there's a lull they might try and finish this season but I reckon next season will be cancelled and they'll go again in 2021/22. There's no way this virus is going to be over by September and they reckon there'll be another peak next winter before it subsides.

28 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Hi everyone,

Club have done f--- all to help fans, I didn't renew and my seat is gone, world in crisis and yet they still want your money.

• Admin
20 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Club have done f--- all to help fans, I didn't renew and my seat is gone, world in crisis and yet they still want your money.

I get your frustration 

But not sure what the club can do at the moment as there's so much uncertainty around 

Everything is changing almost on a daily basis 

26 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Stop blaming the club.

Every other club in the country is the same 

If you were that bothered about renewing your seat why did you wait so long to do so? 

This Coronavirus stuff only came to light at the very end of the sales process.

35 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Seriously ? Get a grip. Absolutely nothing the club can do. 

You didn't renew and you blame the club that your seat is gone? 

9 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Stop blaming the club.

Every other club in the country is the same 

If you were that bothered about renewing your seat why did you wait so long to do so? 

Why shouldn't I wait until the last minute to renew, I'm self employed and was told Monday morning that a chunk of my work was being stopped, I honestly thought the deadline would be extended, my mistake I agree.

26 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

No it didn't! The biggest stock market fall in modern history happened on Monday 9th March due to fears about the virus. That should have given most people a clue that this s**t was getting serious! I too - just like the original poster,  chose to hold off on buying a ticket. Pretty sure that many, many others did the same.

2 hours ago, DavidNoble said:

Hi everyone,

I'm sympathetic mate, nobody really knows what's going to happen do they.

I can't see the process being restarted though, because I think the majority of season ticket holders renew reflexively as soon as they're able- even with a potential pandemic on the horizon. Given our government have only started to taking the virus properly seriously this week, I don't expect it even occurred to many that it would delay next seson by much- although clearly that has shifted now.

I too have held off on buying one and I'm so glad I did. I'm not going to buy one until I know whats happening, this season is in jeopardy currently so I won't be buying one for next season when I don't even know when next season will start. Things will get a whole lot worse before they get better, there's no certainty that this season will finish and the next start this year... 

2 hours ago, ITK..... said:

Seriously ? Get a grip. Absolutely nothing the club can do. 

You didn't renew and you blame the club that your seat is gone? 

Get a grip ??? Do you not think the deadline could have been extended to give people a chance to consider their financial options and commitments at this present time ? 

All so negative. I think we will work as a nation and get through this and be playing again in May - 2 games per week and finished season in late June and play-offs in July.

Month off, back to shortened training in August and season starts in September to May - can’t wait ! ??

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

Get a grip ??? Do you not think the deadline could have been extended to give people a chance to consider their financial options and commitments at this present time ? 

No. Are you offering to pay the wages off the players and staff in this difficult time. No. The club has to. Put up or shut up! 

2 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

No. Are you offering to pay the wages off the players and staff in this difficult time. No. The club has to. Put up or shut up! 

What a pathetic response, who will pay my wages ? And don't tell me to put up or shut up, it's a forum, I'm allowed my views not have to shut up.

It's easy in hindsight to see that the best option would have been to suspend the s/t renewals at the end of the initial period and before seat swaps (unless they were to previously vacant areas), and enter a 'I was going to renew until all the dumbfks started hoarding basic supplies and utter scum began price gauging, so please let me have an option on my seat until such time as I can safely procure some two ply again (and without having to wear a hazmat suit)' period, maybe whilst still being able to sell other seats. Perhaps put the price of membership on this feature (refundable if you eventually renew).

Carrying on with sales in the current climate does seem a bit odd, but so does almost everything else!

• Admin
2 hours ago, Meh said:

All so negative. I think we will work as a nation and get through this and be playing again in May - 2 games per week and finished season in late June and play-offs in July.

Month off, back to shortened training in August and season starts in September to May - can’t wait ! ??

In an ironic way it may solve part of the problem in rescheduling the fixtures ready for the 2022 World Cup

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

I get your point but by extending it wouldn’t that put off any potential new ‘customers’

Archived