IGNORED

Channel 4 9pm tonight

MC RISK77

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I have not watched this yet but looking forward to this one.

For me he is the greatest footballer of all time flawed as he was.

Think this film is about his time in Naples.

Just thought I would share if anyone else fancies watching.

Yep, he’s my favourite as well, despite that ‘goal’.  Maybe it’s a generation thing but 86 is the first World Cup I remember and he was obviously the stand out player by a million miles.  Cried after the quarters but still loved him for some reason. Incredible player and life story.  Supposed to be a great doc so cheers for the heads up. 

i watched the film at the cinema  last year i went in with an open mind and came out thinking i had just been watching one of the best footballers in the history of the game.it is a human story of wonderful highs and terrible lows superb entertainment

32 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I have not watched this yet but looking forward to this one.

For me he is the greatest footballer of all time flawed as he was.

Think this film is about his time in Naples.

Just thought I would share if anyone else fancies watching.

I watched this last month, excellent documentary,  was going to watch the film about him in Mexico tomorrow 

59 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

i watched the film at the cinema  last year i went in with an open mind and came out thinking i had just been watching one of the best footballers in the history of the game.it is a human story of wonderful highs and terrible lows superb entertainment

For me he is the greatest player of all time.

6 hours ago, lenred said:

Yep, he’s my favourite as well, despite that ‘goal’.  Maybe it’s a generation thing but 86 is the first World Cup I remember and he was obviously the stand out player by a million miles.  Cried after the quarters but still loved him for some reason. Incredible player and life story.  Supposed to be a great doc so cheers for the heads up. 

I had always said maradona but back in those days it was rare to see him play on tv unless it was world cups etc,it never seemed like he had a bad game over here to us but he must of,now with Messi you can see him pretty much every game so when he has a shocker we all see it but those are rare days so I would say he’s probably the best of all time

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Set to record.

Over the last two nights on itv, there has been “when English clubs ruled europe”, tracking the period of late 70s / early 80s when English clubs won 7 out of 8 years.

Sure it will be on catchup / itv hub.

Watching it on ITV hub now. That St Etienne kit looked superb.

30 minutes ago, redysteadygo1 said:

Do you think the picking of your most ever favourite player is influenced by the position you played in for your team at whatever level that was. Always being in defence, wing half ( one for the old uns ), or back four my favourites are Moore, Beckenbauer, Maldini etc.

Yeah I definitely think that, I love all the classic number 10’s the scorer of great goals while creating as well my all times list of favourite players in my lifetime are

Maradona

Baggio

bergkamp

messi

ronaldihno

37 minutes ago, redysteadygo1 said:

Do you think the picking of your most ever favourite player is influenced by the position you played in for your team at whatever level that was. Always being in defence, wing half ( one for the old uns ), or back four my favourites are Moore, Beckenbauer, Maldini etc.

Clearly not for me, as a left-footed clumsy, f>ckwit of zero ability generally stuck at right back to keep out of the way and out of trouble, I'd plump for Maradona as the best ever.

Peoples opinions on the team that faces Argentina that day - do you think the current England team is better than this one

shilton

stevens

butcher

fenwick

sansom

hoddle 

hodge

reid

steven

beardsley

lineker

which players in current England team would have made this team better?

Archived