IGNORED

Beatles

AppyDAZE

3 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Drive My Car (yellow car)

Help (guy drowning)

Getting Better (not dead)

Still working on it (that's not an answer!)

I originally though that was A Day In The Life , but  yours sounds better. Or could it be I'm Only Sleeping??

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

I originally though that was A Day In The Life , but  yours sounds better. Or could it be I'm Only Sleeping??

Could even be Golden Slumbers! Or both I'm Only Sleeping and Golden Slumbers could be the guy just waking up and yawning, next to "Not Dead"?

3 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Could even be Golden Slumbers! Or both I'm Only Sleeping and Golden Slumbers could be the guy just waking up and yawning, next to "Not Dead"?

Thought the guy yawning was I’m So Tired..?

Need noggers to put us out of our misery!!

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Those two blokes on the  roundabout make me think of Revolution . They look like revolutionists and they are revolving

Brilliant. Makes more sense than Back In The USSR 

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

The bloke in the ticket box, judging by his face... I'm Down. Not sure if this has been said.

**** there are some great songs here

I was thinking he could be Bungalow Bill (him of the Continuing Story of), but it is stretching it a bit to call that a bungalow, so I think you are right.  He also has a bit of a "Don't Bother Me" look about him!

The trouble is if I see something that puts a song into my head by another artist I have difficulty getting past that.  I kept thinking the girl leaving home was Bob Dylan's "Only A Hobo", and the "Revolution" roundabout put me in mind of Joni Mitchell's "The Circle Game" which has "painted ponies going round and round".

It's doing my head in, but in a good way.  As mentioned earlier, many of the scenes could be interpreted as multiple Beatles songs, so the Official OTIB final number could be about 60, albeit many tenuous ones!

I also thought that the roundabout and whole funfair scene might be more than just "Helter Skelter", "Ticket To Ride etc and somehow be a reference to "Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite", but of course there is no reference to those things in the title.  I am also sure there must be something "Flying" but can't see anything!

Ok,  as promised earlier this is the list I'm taking the 39 titles from.

I hadn't checked them before posting this up, so I don't vouch for them, but 39 was the number required and these were the 39 answers given.

1. I am the Walrus

2. The Fool on the Hill

3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer

4. Penny Lane

5. Here, There and Everywhere

6. The Long & Winding Road

7. Yellow Submarine

8. Ticket to Ride

9. Lovely Rita Meter Maid

10. Twist & Shout

11. Octopus's Garden

12. Norwegian Wood

13. Baby, I'm a Rich Man

14. Hello, Goodbye

15.Glass Onion

16. Helter Skelter

17. Taxman

18. Dr. Robert

19. Drive My Car

20. Strawberry Fields

21. 8 Days a Week

22. Blackbird

23. With Love from Me to You

24. While My Guitar Gently Weeps

25. Hey Bulldog

26. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window

27. She's Leaving Home

28. Help!

29. Magical Mystery Tour

30. Fixing a Hole

31. I Wanna Hold Your Hand

32. We Can Work it Out

33. Come Together

34. Get Back

35. Lady Madonna

36. Here Comes the Sun

37. Paperback Writer

38. Baby's in Black

39. Her Majesty

I can see there are other guesses in the replies above that fit just as well - maybe just by coincidence, or perhaps the 39 was incorrect.

Interesting to see what the combined total is of the 39 above plus all other guesses not included that perhaps fit equally as well.

Glad some of you obviously enjoyed puzzling it out! ?

4 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

I was thinking he could be Bungalow Bill (him of the Continuing Story of), but it is stretching it a bit to call that a bungalow, so I think you are right.  He also has a bit of a "Don't Bother Me" look about him!

The trouble is if I see something that puts a song into my head by another artist I have difficulty getting past that.  I kept thinking the girl leaving home was Bob Dylan's "Only A Hobo", and the "Revolution" roundabout put me in my of Joni Mitchell's "The Circle Game" which has "painted ponies going round and round".

It's doing my head in, but in a good way.  As mentioned earlier, many of the scenes could be interpreted as multiple Beatles songs, so the Official OTIB final number could be about 60, albeit many tenuous ones!

Also reminds you of how many fantastic songs they came up with in such a short number of years.

2 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Yep, as a starter then I'm adding @glynriley's Carry That Weight.

That's a  definite surely.

So that makes 40, let's see how high we can go.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Ok,  as promised earlier this is the list I'm taking the 39 titles from.

I hadn't checked them before posting this up, so I don't vouch for them, but 39 was the number required and these were the 39 answers given.

1. I am the Walrus

2. The Fool on the Hill

3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer

4. Penny Lane

5. Here, There and Everywhere

6. The Long & Winding Road

7. Yellow Submarine

8. Ticket to Ride

9. Lovely Rita Meter Maid

10. Twist & Shout

11. Octopus's Garden

12. Norwegian Wood

13. Baby, I'm a Rich Man

14. Hello, Goodbye

15.Glass Onion

16. Helter Skelter

17. Taxman

18. Dr. Robert

19. Drive My Car

20. Strawberry Fields

21. 8 Days a Week

22. Blackbird

23. With Love from Me to You

24. While My Guitar Gently Weeps

25. Hey Bulldog

26. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window

27. She's Leaving Home

28. Help!

29. Magical Mystery Tour

30. Fixing a Hole

31. I Wanna Hold Your Hand

32. We Can Work it Out

33. Come Together

34. Get Back

35. Lady Madonna

36. Here Comes the Sun

37. Paperback Writer

38. Baby's in Black

39. Her Majesty

I can see there are other guesses in the replies above that fit just as well - maybe just by coincidence, or perhaps the 39 was incorrect.

Interesting to see what the combined total is of the 39 above plus all other guesses not included that perhaps fit equally as well.

Glad some of you obviously enjoyed puzzling it out! ?

I Want To Hold Your Hand, From Me To You, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) ,Lovely Rita, Baby You're a Rich Man, Strawberry Fields Forever, Fool On The Hill... to be pedantic

On 40 then, here are the other suggestions put forward not on the list of 39:

@Major Isewater A Hard Day's Night, Because, Back in the USSR. Can you explain these Major?

@glynriley Good Day Sunshine ( as well as Here Comes The Sun) I'm So Tired, Piggies ( on side of van) I'm Only Sleeping, Don't Let Me Down, Martha My Dear.

@New Dazzler Getting Better, Golden Slumbers, The Inner Light, Bungalow Bill, Don't Bother Me.

@AppyDAZE And Your Bird Can Sing, Revolution, I'm Down, Money, You Won't See Me, Girl.

I've highlighted the ones I reckon should definitely be added to the list.

If each poster could do the same with the lists above - perhaps with a further explanation if necessary - then that should be all it needs for them to automatically go on the OTIB list.

On 45 with my highlighted suggestions then.

Anyone thought of any more btw?

50 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

On 40 then, here are the other suggestions put forward not on the list of 39:

@Major Isewater A Hard Day's Night, Because, Back in the USSR. Can you explain these Major?

@glynriley Good Day Sunshine ( as well as Here Comes The Sun) I'm So Tired, Piggies ( on side of van) I'm Only Sleeping, Don't Let Me Down, Martha My Dear.

@New Dazzler Getting Better, Golden Slumbers, The Inner Light, Bungalow Bill, Don't Bother Me.

@AppyDAZE And Your Bird Can Sing, Revolution, I'm Down, Money, You Won't See Me, Girl.

I've highlighted the ones I reckon should definitely be added to the list.

If each poster could do the same with the lists above - perhaps with a further explanation if necessary - then that's all it needs for them to automatically go on the OTIB list.

On 45 with my highlighted suggestions then.

Anyone thought of any more btw?

Those I've suggested, not on the official list, that I think are definitely in there are..

I'm So Tired (The guy yawning bottom left)

Dig It (the first workman)

Piggies (as you say, picture of 3 pigs on the side of the van)

Let It Be (Bee with a For Rent sign)

Birthday (Boy giving girl a present - she is wearing a badge with 5 on it and there is a cake with 5 candles)

And I see you've already given me Carry That Weight - that, as you rightly say, is a definite..!!

40 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

They are a little tenuous ;

A Hard day’s night - the bloke next to the guy  with ‘ not dead ‘ on him is stretching like he’s had a hard night’s sleep and it’s day time .

Bee cause 

The Russians on the carousel for Back in the USSR . 

:dunno:

43 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Those I've suggested, not on the official list, that I think are definitely in there are..

I'm So Tired (The guy yawning bottom left)

Dig It (the first workman)

Piggies (as you say, picture of 3 pigs on the side of the van)

Let It Be (Bee with a For Rent sign)

Birthday (Boy giving girl a present - she is wearing a badge with 5 on it and there is a cake with 5 candles)

And I see you've already given me Carry That Weight - that, as you rightly say, is a definite..!!

50 it is then.image.jpeg.4ce670b47e9252fed80786c7e8c63ab4.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

They are a little tenuous ;

A Hard day’s night - the bloke next to the guy  with ‘ not dead ‘ on him is stretching like he’s had a hard night’s sleep and it’s day time .

Bee cause 

The Russians on the carousel for Back in the USSR . 

:dunno:

Bee cause may be pushing it!

Back in the USSR is good I reckon.

Not sure about A Hard Days Night? Actually, why not?

52 and counting....

Archived