IGNORED

Hitchcock thread

AppyDAZE

6 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Psycho is my favourite, genius casting picking Anthony Perkins.

I've watched a lot of his films in recent years, and they have tended to grow on me. I often started off thinking, am I going to want to see this one out? But most of them have gradually started to draw me in. The most recent one I saw was Marnie (1964) Sean Connery, Tippi Hedren. Good film, but i am a sucker for the films from the 40s. 50s. 60s

45 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

The first Hitchcock i saw as a kid was The Lodger, absolutely drew me in like all his movies do, the man was a bloody genius in my eyes, in fact i think I'll start rewatching his films in this lockdown!

I've got the 14 disc blu-ray set, and about another 30 on dvd (I think there are about 8 I've not got, in total). Bought over a fair period of time. Let's just say they have been coming in handy recently :laugh:

45 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

The first Hitchcock i saw as a kid was The Lodger, absolutely drew me in like all his movies do, the man was a bloody genius in my eyes, in fact i think I'll start rewatching his films in this lockdown!

Agreed. he certainly was.

10 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

North By Northwest is another cracking one and obviously stars our very own Cary Grant.

Watched To Catch A Thief late last night, and on and off I kept thinking ... This bloke was born literally a couple of miles from where I'm sat. :laugh:  it was quite a weird thing to think, I suppose. but he was a megastar in his day, after all.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

I've got the 14 disc blu-ray set, and about another 30 on dvd (I think there are about 8 I've not got, in total). Bought over a fair period of time. Let's just say they have been coming in handy recently :laugh:

Agreed. he certainly was.

Wow, jealous!I have to search for them online and watch them :laugh:

Archived