IGNORED

Hammer Horror thread

AppyDAZE

6 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I loved the Chrstopher Lee and Peter Cushing Vampire films.

Hammer did a lot of great stuff.

I seem to remember the BBC showed a series called Hammer House of Horror and I saw a few as a kid and they scared the crap out of me.

The opening music alone to this day takes me back and puts me on unease.

I wasn't a kid though, i would have been 17, 18 in 1980

Love these. I'm sure they used to show them late on BBC2 or maybe BBC4 in the late 90s/early 00s? My favourites are The Plague of the Zombies, Quatermass and the Pit, The Devil Rides Out, The Gorgon, Dracula (although I thought most of the sequels were dire) and The Revenge of Frankenstein.

Did anyone see Mark Gatiss' History of Horror programme a few years ago on BBC4?

They show some of these on the Horror Channel now and again, I still enjoy them, I went to the house that used to feature in the opening credits of the tv series, it was a conference centre by then, it brought back lots of memory just coming down the drive way.

14 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Twins of Evil seems to stand out in my memory. Can't think for the life of me why?

Who were those twins again? Great actresses they were too   :laugh:, well not really but they served a purpose.

I remember a few of us sneaked into the Gaumont in 71 to watch Twins of Evil and Hands of the Ripper

17 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Twins of Evil seems to stand out in my memory. Can't think for the life of me why?

Who were those twins again? Great actresses they were too   :laugh:, well not really but they served a purpose.

Strikingly busty, adorable and voluptuous brunette knockout Mary Collinson was born on July 22, 1952 in Malta. She's the identical twin sister of Madeleine Collinson. The Collinson twins arrived in Britain in April, 1969. Noted British glamour photographer Harrison Marks cast the duo as saucy maids in his 8mm short "Halfway Inn." Mary and Madeleine were the Playmates of the Month in the October, 1970 issue of "Playboy;" they have the distinction of being the first pair of identical twins to pose for a nude pictorial in "Playboy." The Collinson sisters went on to act in a handful of movies together; they were especially effective and memorable as the titular radically contrasting siblings in the typically fine Hammer vampire horror outing "Twins of Evil." Mary Collinson now lives in Milan, Italy with an Italian gentleman and her two daughters.

- IMDb Mini Biography By: woodyanders

Strikingly busty, adorable, and voluptuous brunette knockout Madeleine Collinson was born on July 22, 1952 in Malta. She's the identical twin sister of Mary Collinson. The Collinson sisters first arrived in Britain in April, 1969. Noted British glamour photographer Harrison Marks cast the duo as saucy maids in his 8mm short "Halfway Inn." Mary and Madeleine were the Playmates of the Month in the October, 1970 issue of "Playboy;" they have the distinction of being the first pair of identical twin sisters to do a nude pictorial for "Playboy." The Collinson sisters acted in a handful of movies together; they were especially effective and memorable as the titular radically contrasting siblings in the typically fine Hammer vampire horror outing "Twins of Evil." Madeleine lived in Malta with her husband and three children. She died at age 62 on August 14, 2014.

And a salute to the sterling Ingrid Pitt, with special mention for the irresistible and irredeemably lovely Maddy Smith. For their input into a horror genre they managed to provide some notable diversions.

14 hours ago, Erithacus said:

And a salute to the sterling Ingrid Pitt, with special mention for the irresistible and irredeemably lovely Maddy Smith. For their input into a horror genre they managed to provide some notable diversions.

I’ll have a look later, I remember Ingrid but not Maddy. I made the mistake of Googling the Collinson twins on my work laptop yesterday, I don’t think their work for Playboy fits the usage guidelines! :shocking:

Archived