IGNORED

The Official “What’s Your Favourite Classic Thread” Thread

CyderInACan

11 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Can someone tell me which page on the rovers dustbin thread is the exact time of their relegation from the football league. I would like to relive that again sometime 

The dustbin thread started when they got back in. You want the Non League Bristol Rovers thread.

Page 23 onwards is match day, page 26 is when the final whistle blows

44 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

I don’t suppose anyone has a recording of Radio Bristol that afternoon?

No but that day will live with me for ever. We were driving back from Cribbs to BS3 and I had to pull over on the Downs to listen to the last 5mins (plus Inj) as I couldn't concentrate! 

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The dustbin thread started when they got back in. You want the Non League Bristol Rovers thread.

Page 23 onwards is match day, page 26 is when the final whistle blows

Haha, I remember creating that thread so well (at that point I still didn't believe it could really happen).  Don't think I can ever remember laughing so much in my life. ???

On 24/03/2020 at 04:26, Ron Swanson said:

Oh wow I remember him, went from a really decent poster and respected within OTIB to offering out death threats ??

I was convinced it was a different person having hacked in to his account. Either that or he got back on to the strong stuff when Barnsley were doing particularly badly. 

On 25/03/2020 at 01:18, BigTone said:

My names Tony Jones and I'm alot bloody older now than when that thread first started

61? Still riding the Vespa? I bet you have been out on a sneaky pleasure ride this week on the ruse of supermarket shopping. We've all done it Tone. It's OK. 

8 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

No but that day will live with me for ever. We were driving back from Cribbs to BS3 and I had to pull over on the Downs to listen to the last 5mins (plus Inj) as I couldn't concentrate! 

I was driving home from work up the A303 and had to pull over as I was laughing so much when 5live reported it!

Archived