Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

CyderInACan

The Official “What’s Your Favourite Classic Thread” Thread

For me it has to be NTTDS subbuteo recreation of an Adebola ( iirc ) goal. An absolute otib classic.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Spot on Neil, families can split away dead easy for all sorts of reasons, in my case by moving for a few years to Spain but OTIB brought us back as a family. What a family. Dare I say BCFC's greatest set of supporters............................or do others know different ( I include in this Neil and Reg's Dad, Robert, our grand-dad Ivor, my dad , Alan, brother Steve, cousin Andrew, now sadly supporting Spurs) Some of us support the boys here, others from Heaven but common theme is that our xxxxxxxxxxxgranddad was a publican in Clifton and many descendants were Coopers in South Bristol. South Bristol we are. City we are. City till we die.

given a like but a love icon would have summed it up better.

Thanks to Silvio for finding me the link.

I have just re-read them all again. Hopefully, Tipps69 has made a full recovery and In The Net is still able to come onto OTIB. Nice to read about MD and his reminiscence of Speedway. Jason Crump will be riding for Ipswich again this year sometime. His dad Phil was my hero and lived in Nailsea....as I did!

I'm still non the wiser as to who Gert Mare (great chant he had) really is despite a name change and a big clue from the Major (Elementary my dear, Watson)! Started off at Wolves, played in same team as Ian Holloway and entertained us in the early 80s? If Gert or anyone else could PM with the answer, that would be great.

On 23/03/2020 at 20:19, Dollymarie said:

Has to be either Steve Brooker and THAT fan of his, or Giles and Kelly! :D 

Although the one about me transferring to the “other lot” was pretty funny too! 

She's come back to supporting City now as well...must've been since Steveo retired!  She's also married now I believe (though not to Steveo!!).  I think she's on the facebook group.

Giles and Kelly was amazing!  I'd have felt sorry for him, but it was too funny!

Edited by Steve Watts

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Are you still Tony Jones or am I confuddling you with Anthony Jones ?

I'm schizophrenic so depends on a few things 

Giles and Kelly was very good but what happened to the lad that was dating / visiting a girl in Ireland and kept giving us updates? Not that long ago in all honesty. That one was good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

what happened to the lad that was dating / visiting a girl in Ireland and kept giving us updates? 

The 'lad' was actually a lady.

Pretty sure she's having a lengthy break from OTIB.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Can someone tell me which page on the rovers dustbin thread is the exact time of their relegation from the football league. I would like to relive that again sometime 

The dustbin thread started when they got back in. You want the Non League Bristol Rovers thread.

Page 23 onwards is match day, page 26 is when the final whistle blows

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

I don’t suppose anyone has a recording of Radio Bristol that afternoon?

No but that day will live with me for ever. We were driving back from Cribbs to BS3 and I had to pull over on the Downs to listen to the last 5mins (plus Inj) as I couldn't concentrate! 

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The dustbin thread started when they got back in. You want the Non League Bristol Rovers thread.

Page 23 onwards is match day, page 26 is when the final whistle blows

Haha, I remember creating that thread so well (at that point I still didn't believe it could really happen).  Don't think I can ever remember laughing so much in my life. 😀😀😀

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

On 24/03/2020 at 19:14, Bristol Rob said:

Doesn't sound like me at all. What sort of fool would look to derail a perfectly sensible thread with talk of chips, food vouchers or personal account managers.

Or a magical smoking habit.

On 24/03/2020 at 04:26, Ron Swanson said:

Oh wow I remember him, went from a really decent poster and respected within OTIB to offering out death threats 😂😂

I was convinced it was a different person having hacked in to his account. Either that or he got back on to the strong stuff when Barnsley were doing particularly badly. 

On 25/03/2020 at 01:18, BigTone said:

My names Tony Jones and I'm alot bloody older now than when that thread first started

61? Still riding the Vespa? I bet you have been out on a sneaky pleasure ride this week on the ruse of supermarket shopping. We've all done it Tone. It's OK. 

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

No but that day will live with me for ever. We were driving back from Cribbs to BS3 and I had to pull over on the Downs to listen to the last 5mins (plus Inj) as I couldn't concentrate! 

I was driving home from work up the A303 and had to pull over as I was laughing so much when 5live reported it!

• Like 1

I remember being at school 50 years ago their fans arguing that they were the best team in Bristol, when we were in Div 2 and them in Div 3 cuz they had more points that season than we did.  Seems not much changes over the years.