Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Clutton Caveman

BT Sport. What a disgrace

Having suspended my Sky Sport package in 2 mins on line (they will turn it on automatically when sport returns) I tried to cancel my BT sport subscription

I went on line and found that every other function was available online, but to cancel you needed to call an 0800 number. First you get a message saying that you will be able to watch the sports when they return (wow thanks we pay a 12 month subscription anyway) then they say if competitions are cancelled they will conatct the organiser to discuss some sort of rebate) I then got the message that the wait was 30 mins becuase they were short staffed due to the virus ( all the more reason to allow cancellation online) after 8 mins the line dropped out. Called again went through the whole excercise and the line dropped out again.

I think that when companies act in this way during such a crisis they need to be named and shamed

I will now cancel the direct debit

• Like 9

Agree it’s really poor....but we now know the companies that want to do the best things for their customers and those that don’t.  I doubt many of us thought Sky would come out of this in a positive light, but they were pro-active and did the right thing.  BT are showing the opposite.

• Like 9

I read in the Guardian last Friday that the reason Rugby Premiership only suspended - not cancelled - the season util Apr 24 was that there was pressure from  sponsers  BT who did not want to pay out any refunds to subscribers. ...

This is the direct quote from the article in the Guardian

A reason the Premiership did not suspend the tournament beyond 24 April was a concern raised at a meeting last week that BT would lose subscriptions if viewers felt they would not see any action until next season and may look to seek a rebate

Clearly BT are trying to hold onto our money,  as you can't have a football subscription only (like Sky) with BT, so as long as there's the pretence that one of their sports (RU) will return they'll hold onto the money.

Edited by CodeRed
  • Like 1

I phoned Sky yesterday to cancel the sports package.  They could not do enough for me.  By the time the call had finished I had cheaper internet, a better TV package, suspension of my sports package and had cut my bill by more than 30%.  Hats off to them; I actually expected them to make me jump through hoops to get anything done but they were very accommodating.

The Coronavirus will make or break a lot of companies and individuals.  Richard Branson, Mike Ashley and the tit from Wetherspoons are three that immediately spring to mind. They've acted like the money grabbing tossers they are and I hope it bites them on the ass whenever this blows over. 

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

Have tried to pause my Sky Sports subscription online for the last 4 days,can’t do it due to technical difficulties,will have to try over the phone later😐

1 minute ago, NOTBLUE said:

Have tried to pause my Sky Sports subscription online for the last 4 days,can’t do it due to technical difficulties,will have to try over the phone later😐

Get on the phone with them mate.  They sorted me right out (and I did that after my brother said he'd had a positive experience with them).

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Get on the phone with them mate.  They sorted me right out (and I did that after my brother said he'd had a positive experience with them).

Will do 473 👍

8 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I phoned Sky yesterday to cancel the sports package.  They could not do enough for me.  By the time the call had finished I had cheaper internet, a better TV package, suspension of my sports package and had cut my bill by more than 30%.  Hats off to them; I actually expected them to make me jump through hoops to get anything done but they were very accommodating.

Didn't they offer to throw in some free toilet rolls as well ?  The least I would have expected

• Like 1

Having had family members and friends that have worked in different divisions of BT, I can confirm that they’re an absolute shithouse of an organisation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Having suspended my Sky Sport package in 2 mins on line (they will turn it on automatically when sport returns) I tried to cancel my BT sport subscription

I went on line and found that every other function was available online, but to cancel you needed to call an 0800 number. First you get a message saying that you will be able to watch the sports when they return (wow thanks we pay a 12 month subscription anyway) then they say if competitions are cancelled they will conatct the organiser to discuss some sort of rebate) I then got the message that the wait was 30 mins becuase they were short staffed due to the virus ( all the more reason to allow cancellation online) after 8 mins the line dropped out. Called again went through the whole excercise and the line dropped out again.

I think that when companies act in this way during such a crisis they need to be named and shamed

Go careful cancelling the direct debit. Tried that before when cancelled with them, had introductory offer and price shot up. They wouldn’t let me cancel said had o pay 3 months up or give 3 months notice. 

Told them they can’t put up price without warning they said was in contract they don’t have to remind you when price changes.

Refused to pay and within 2 weeks had a letter off debt collection agency saying I owed BT money pay BT within  14 days or be charged stupid money via the agency.

Go careful just cancelling direct debit, I have never used BT since for anything due to the service and way was treated.

52 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Try clearing cookies.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Try clearing cookies.

I’ll get my son to do it🤦‍♂️😂

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

Tried twice both times line went dead after 8 mins

Now just cancelled the direct debit

10 minutes ago, Coppello said:

@Davefevs did you get an email confirming that it had been frozen? I did it when it had first been announced but haven't received any confirmation.

No, but I’ve checked my bill online and it shows there.

• Like 1

This Sky and BT sports it’s bloody confusing! Neither offered me a suspended account so I had no choice to cancel both. Now I read in here that others have been able to pause their package.

I was planning to phone Sky but realised I’d be on the phone 📞 for ages. I’ll probably ring them later.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

This Sky and BT sports it’s bloody confusing! Neither offered me a suspended account so I had no choice to cancel both. Now I read in here that others have been able to pause their package.

I was planning to phone Sky but realised I’d be on the phone 📞 for ages. I’ll probably ring them later.

Might be worth trying sky online chat.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Having had family members and friends that have worked in different divisions of BT, I can confirm that they’re an absolute shithouse of an organisation.

Years ago had a row over a bill with BT over dial up internet charges, charges for when i was supposedly online, but wasn't even in the country. 

Payed up to avoid extra charges and a black mark against my credit and swore then i would never go back, 20 odd years later i still wouldn't touch them with someone elses barge pole. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hate to say you probably reacted too quickly

They wont offer you a suspension offer if you had already been in touch to cancel

Try live chat through the app

• Like 1

Two points here. 

1) BT are not acting positively. However consider that businesses will always look to try and retain customers/'accounts' where possible.

However 2) what @CodeRed said sounds absolutely right. IF seasons are cancelled for example, in football and I guess rugby too, there would be potential for almighty legal and financial wrangling.

All rightly in a deep freeze atm but dormant, below the surface. 

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

They wont offer you a suspension offer if you had already been in touch to cancel

Try live chat through the app

That’s my beef Phants - I cancelled because neither Sky or BT would offer pause as an option. I felt that I didn’t really have a choice.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s my beef Phants - I cancelled because neither Sky or BT would offer pause as an option. I felt that I didn’t really have a choice.

I had a nightmare with both - early days - seems they are more considered in their approach now but like you I felt I had to do something early and both were pretty appalling 

• Like 1

I think BT is embedded in my Virgin account at no extra cost and therefore can't be cancelled. 

If that's the case, are Virgin customers free to cancel the service any time regardless of contract?

Just tried to phone Sky......an hour wait! 

I couldn’t find anywhere to online chat either.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

That's his problem....... @Robbored suffers with Premature Cancellation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just tried to phone Sky......an hour wait! 

I couldn’t find anywhere to online chat either.

If you carry on and go through the options they say under 20 minutes.

6 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

If you carry on and go through the options they say under 20 minutes.

The recorded message said they were protecting  their call centre staff because Covid-19

46 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think BT is embedded in my Virgin account at no extra cost and therefore can't be cancelled. 

If that's the case, are Virgin customers free to cancel the service any time regardless of contract?

Yeah, I think that's the same with mine. Pretty sure BT sport is free included in the package I pay for (ironic but you know what I mean). Now it's making me wonder if thats possible. If BT sport isn't free with some Virgin packages I'm inclined to 'pause/suspend' mine too.

2 hours ago, redcityman said:

Years ago had a row over a bill with BT over dial up internet charges, charges for when i was supposedly online, but wasn't even in the country. 

Payed up to avoid extra charges and a black mark against my credit and swore then i would never go back, 20 odd years later i still wouldn't touch them with someone elses barge pole. 

I won't deal with BT directly either, since they screwed up my direct debit time and time again (probably 20 odd years ago now).

My BT Sports package is via Plusnet. A bit of a wait to get through to them yesterday, but they suspended the BT Sport package until the sport returns, without any issue. I guess some others may disagree, but I have found Plusnet to be a very reliable and helpful provider, since I dropped BT all those years ago. 

7 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Yep , I’ve done the same. Direct debit cancelled, **** them

Blimey even TalKTalk can get this right - just received an email - "If you want to suspend your Sky Sports please click on the link" 

I don't know why but I only pay £4.99 a month for BT sport (I seem to be only able to access it through the BT website and watch on the laptop). I am reluctant to cancel or suspend it as I am sure it will be much more expensive in 6 months time.

Now TV Sports was a sinch to cancel.

20 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

I won't deal with BT directly either, since they screwed up my direct debit time and time again (probably 20 odd years ago now).

My BT Sports package is via Plusnet. A bit of a wait to get through to them yesterday, but they suspended the BT Sport package until the sport returns, without any issue. I guess some others may disagree, but I have found Plusnet to be a very reliable and helpful provider, since I dropped BT all those years ago. 

I was with Plusnet for broadband a few years back (10 years?) For a about 3 years.

Found them great. Good product, good customer service etc

I then had loads of issues with both the product and the customer service. Funny, it was not long after BT bought them out. Imagine the chances! 🤣

Just paused my Sky Sports subscription too, cheers for the heads up guys! Googled it, followed the link and it took literally 2mins.

Edited by Pheasant plucker
Added content

22 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Yeah, I think that's the same with mine. Pretty sure BT sport is free included in the package I pay for (ironic but you know what I mean). Now it's making me wonder if thats possible. If BT sport isn't free with some Virgin packages I'm inclined to 'pause/suspend' mine too.

I checked Virgin's early cancellation policy and they claim on their T&Cs that they might make you pay up the remainder of the contract, which is 10 months for me. This was their standard wording pre-Covid though mind.

I personally think I'd survive with freeview+Netflix+Prime for the next 6 months 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/03/2020 at 10:59, BS15_RED said:

missus and I both worked for BT...............your words are true.   She got fed up after one year. I was a manager and ended up with a nervous breakdown due to their 'swimming in minestrone soup' way of doing things. They insisted I took 6 months off if I saw a BT Counsellor which I did, got back to an arsewipe level 2 who told me my job was redundant and I had to go into the NEP ( Non Effective Pool ) which meant I had to accept any job within BT, anywhere, so I was forced to leave. Never been a customer since and never will.

• Like 1

Get rid, and get a firestick with IPTV on, has everything you need if you don't mind watching a little bit behind "live". Can get for about a fiver a month... Allegedly.

Prem games, iFollow, PPV boxing etc

Sky brilliant . 4 days ago I paused Sky Sports and added Movies . Net reduction £13  per month . Very helpful guy on the phone. No waiting.

BT Sports on the other hand …….  Have tried for 4 days to cancel  over the phone (only way 0800 number). Over 30 minutes each  day ,still waiting !

Ironic for BT not to answer phones. Its their core business. 

Will never get BT Sports again when I'm finally able to cancel;. Totally unsatisfactory and non existent customer service