IGNORED

BT Sport. What a disgrace

Clutton Caveman

Having suspended my Sky Sport package in 2 mins on line (they will turn it on automatically when sport returns) I tried to cancel my BT sport subscription

I went on line and found that every other function was available online, but to cancel you needed to call an 0800 number. First you get a message saying that you will be able to watch the sports when they return (wow thanks we pay a 12 month subscription anyway) then they say if competitions are cancelled they will conatct the organiser to discuss some sort of rebate) I then got the message that the wait was 30 mins becuase they were short staffed due to the virus ( all the more reason to allow cancellation online) after 8 mins the line dropped out. Called again went through the whole excercise and the line dropped out again.

I think that when companies act in this way during such a crisis they need to be named and shamed

I will now cancel the direct debit

Agree it’s really poor....but we now know the companies that want to do the best things for their customers and those that don’t.  I doubt many of us thought Sky would come out of this in a positive light, but they were pro-active and did the right thing.  BT are showing the opposite.

I read in the Guardian last Friday that the reason Rugby Premiership only suspended - not cancelled - the season util Apr 24 was that there was pressure from  sponsers  BT who did not want to pay out any refunds to subscribers. ...

This is the direct quote from the article in the Guardian

A reason the Premiership did not suspend the tournament beyond 24 April was a concern raised at a meeting last week that BT would lose subscriptions if viewers felt they would not see any action until next season and may look to seek a rebate

Clearly BT are trying to hold onto our money,  as you can't have a football subscription only (like Sky) with BT, so as long as there's the pretence that one of their sports (RU) will return they'll hold onto the money.

I phoned Sky yesterday to cancel the sports package.  They could not do enough for me.  By the time the call had finished I had cheaper internet, a better TV package, suspension of my sports package and had cut my bill by more than 30%.  Hats off to them; I actually expected them to make me jump through hoops to get anything done but they were very accommodating.

The Coronavirus will make or break a lot of companies and individuals.  Richard Branson, Mike Ashley and the tit from Wetherspoons are three that immediately spring to mind. They've acted like the money grabbing tossers they are and I hope it bites them on the ass whenever this blows over. 

1 minute ago, NOTBLUE said:

Have tried to pause my Sky Sports subscription online for the last 4 days,can’t do it due to technical difficulties,will have to try over the phone later?

Get on the phone with them mate.  They sorted me right out (and I did that after my brother said he'd had a positive experience with them).

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Get on the phone with them mate.  They sorted me right out (and I did that after my brother said he'd had a positive experience with them).

Will do 473 ?

8 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I phoned Sky yesterday to cancel the sports package.  They could not do enough for me.  By the time the call had finished I had cheaper internet, a better TV package, suspension of my sports package and had cut my bill by more than 30%.  Hats off to them; I actually expected them to make me jump through hoops to get anything done but they were very accommodating.

Didn't they offer to throw in some free toilet rolls as well ?  The least I would have expected

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Having suspended my Sky Sport package in 2 mins on line (they will turn it on automatically when sport returns) I tried to cancel my BT sport subscription

I went on line and found that every other function was available online, but to cancel you needed to call an 0800 number. First you get a message saying that you will be able to watch the sports when they return (wow thanks we pay a 12 month subscription anyway) then they say if competitions are cancelled they will conatct the organiser to discuss some sort of rebate) I then got the message that the wait was 30 mins becuase they were short staffed due to the virus ( all the more reason to allow cancellation online) after 8 mins the line dropped out. Called again went through the whole excercise and the line dropped out again.

I think that when companies act in this way during such a crisis they need to be named and shamed

I will now cancel the direct debit

Go careful cancelling the direct debit. Tried that before when cancelled with them, had introductory offer and price shot up. They wouldn’t let me cancel said had o pay 3 months up or give 3 months notice. 

Told them they can’t put up price without warning they said was in contract they don’t have to remind you when price changes.

Refused to pay and within 2 weeks had a letter off debt collection agency saying I owed BT money pay BT within  14 days or be charged stupid money via the agency.

Go careful just cancelling direct debit, I have never used BT since for anything due to the service and way was treated.

This Sky and BT sports it’s bloody confusing! Neither offered me a suspended account so I had no choice to cancel both. Now I read in here that others have been able to pause their package.

I was planning to phone Sky but realised I’d be on the phone ? for ages. I’ll probably ring them later.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

This Sky and BT sports it’s bloody confusing! Neither offered me a suspended account so I had no choice to cancel both. Now I read in here that others have been able to pause their package.

I was planning to phone Sky but realised I’d be on the phone ? for ages. I’ll probably ring them later.

Might be worth trying sky online chat.

2 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Having had family members and friends that have worked in different divisions of BT, I can confirm that they’re an absolute shithouse of an organisation.

Years ago had a row over a bill with BT over dial up internet charges, charges for when i was supposedly online, but wasn't even in the country. 

Payed up to avoid extra charges and a black mark against my credit and swore then i would never go back, 20 odd years later i still wouldn't touch them with someone elses barge pole. 

• Admin
54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hate to say you probably reacted too quickly

They wont offer you a suspension offer if you had already been in touch to cancel

Try live chat through the app

Two points here. 

1) BT are not acting positively. However consider that businesses will always look to try and retain customers/'accounts' where possible.

However 2) what @CodeRed said sounds absolutely right. IF seasons are cancelled for example, in football and I guess rugby too, there would be potential for almighty legal and financial wrangling.

All rightly in a deep freeze atm but dormant, below the surface. 

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hate to say you probably reacted too quickly

They wont offer you a suspension offer if you had already been in touch to cancel

Try live chat through the app

That’s my beef Phants - I cancelled because neither Sky or BT would offer pause as an option. I felt that I didn’t really have a choice.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s my beef Phants - I cancelled because neither Sky or BT would offer pause as an option. I felt that I didn’t really have a choice.

I had a nightmare with both - early days - seems they are more considered in their approach now but like you I felt I had to do something early and both were pretty appalling 

Archived