IGNORED

Good news if you bought ANY advance train ticket?

If only it was true. My wife bought me tickets for Bath Rugby v Wasps at Twickenham on April 18 for my birthday. Game is off and those lovely people at The Trainline are saying my tickets are non refundable. Yesterday, they even emailed me this story but, no, still not going to refund it. They are liars. 

35 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

If only it was true. My wife bought me tickets for Bath Rugby v Wasps at Twickenham on April 18 for my birthday. Game is off and those lovely people at The Trainline are saying my tickets are non refundable. Yesterday, they even emailed me this story but, no, still not going to refund it. They are liars. 

Same here, I bought an advance single from Paddington to Temple Meads for the game on Good Friday, but they say it’s non refundable ☹️

• Admin
41 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Same here, I bought an advance single from Paddington to Temple Meads for the game on Good Friday, but they say it’s non refundable ☹️

As you were buying a ticket to travel with GWR try putting in your claim with them 

https://www.gwr.com/help-and-support/refunds-and-compensation/unused-ticket-refunds

44 minutes ago, phantom said:

As you were buying a ticket to travel with GWR try putting in your claim with them 

https://www.gwr.com/help-and-support/refunds-and-compensation/unused-ticket-refunds

As @phantom alludes to, I believe things have moved on. I bought 9 non-refundable return tickets, which I’m now claiming for!

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

This is what it said in the email I got from Trainline. I’m in a similar position to you, with Advance tickets booked for early May. I think we just have to look out for another email when they get organised

If your Advance Single ticket is valid for travel from 7am on Monday 23rd March onwards and you're due to travel within the next three days, please complete our online claim form

• If your ticket is valid for travel from Thursday 26th March onwards, we'll contact you directly to explain your refund request process. We’re working hard to make it even easier for you. 

I had a fixed journey to Aberdeen on the Cally Sleeper for tonight. They only decided to offer a refund when they cancelled the entire service till end of May.    Before that they were doing nothing to discourage not travelling! 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

Mine is Avivo (or whatever they’re called) (Penrith to Euston Return for two people). They aren’t even remotely interested in refunding. I WILL remember this when this is all over. 

I thought the decision was made by the government to refund tickets and not the franchise operators. 

Not sure who you mean when you say Avivo?

8 hours ago, phantom said:

I thought the decision was made by the government to refund tickets and not the franchise operators. 

Not sure who you mean when you say Avivo?

Avanti, they took over the West Coast franchise from Virgin in December. 

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Simez said:

Avanti, they took over the West Coast franchise from Virgin in December. 

@Simez @Southport Red This should help the problem

Changing your travel plans 

All refunds and amendments are processed at the point of purchase. If you got your ticket through another retailer, you’ll need to get in touch with them directly for advice on changes and refunds.  

Fee-free refunds and amendments are available on tickets bought before 7am on 23 March 2020 for  journeys on or after this date. This applies to all Advance, Off-Peak and Anytime tickets purchased direct  at www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk, our app, as well as from our colleagues at stations and onboard.

If you’ve booked your tickets using our website or app, the easiest way to request a refund for any Off-Peak or Anytime tickets is by using the My Account section of our website. 

Any refund requests for Advance tickets should be made by heading to avantiwestcoast.custhelp.com/app/ask. Please complete the form and include your booking reference as these requests will be processed manually. 

If you chose to checkout as a guest when buying your ticket, you’ll also need to follow the route above and submit your request via our online form. 

Archived