IGNORED

7th and 8th tiers of football want season to finish now?

• Admin

Last number I saw was that over 150 clubs had expressed that they wanted the season to be finished no matter how long it took.

If that was every team from a specific league that is over 6 leagues in favor in carrying on

I can't see it not happening now

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Last number I saw was that over 150 clubs had expressed that they wanted the season to be finished no matter how long it took.

If that was every team from a specific league that is over 6 leagues in favor in carrying on

I can't see it not happening now

According to the BBC article FA council confirmed seasons complete, don’t know where clubs can go now if they want to appeal.

• Admin
25 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

According to the BBC article FA council confirmed seasons complete, don’t know where clubs can go now if they want to appeal.

Just reading up on this it reads like level 7 and down in mens and level 3 and down in womens is over

Remaining Non league and women's teams to vote on what happens next 

Yes, 

Thought you were talking about clubs level 7 and below, not sure what they can do now. If NL decide end season and vote themselves safe etc. there will be no wiggle room. 

NL north and south already have no relegation so only promotion left from there. 

if NL decide no relegation where do the south and north go. NL clubs aren’t going to vote to relegate themselves unless it makes financial sense.

55 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

national league now cancelled this season for good.

When are the “big boys” going to do the right thing and stop being money driven. 

£752m was it for PL reimbursement of Sky, BT and foreign broadcasters? Granted there is a technical distinction between ending a season an nulling and voiding it. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, S25loyal said:

national league now cancelled this season for good.

When are the “big boys” going to do the right thing and stop being money driven. 

Not quite cut and dried though

The leagues still have to agree on what is going to happen with promotion / relegation

Be interesting how this is decided.

if your in bottom 4 your not going to vote to relegate yourself from the NL.

With divisions below split North South, hopefully will not effect teams there when having to split them up again. No restructuring below can’t just move times about. Also you’ve got the old games in hand scenario at the foot of the NL as well to consider.

Should of made decision and then said this is what’s decided instead of leaving it open for longer.

• Admin

The National League has written to its clubs to invite them to share their views on the feasibility of continuing with the play-offs.

A deadline of this Friday has been set for clubs to bring forward ideas to determine how they end the season.

The National League board will have the final decision and it is set to meet again early next week.

The English Football League is still working on the basis of two teams being promoted into League Two.

However, it emerged last Friday that if the EFL does not finish its season, then Stevenage are likely to avoid relegation, with only one team coming up from the National League.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52444245

A sobering thought I had last night when talk of a start up plan was being discussed for the top leagues.

If 1 person dies as a result of football starting then that's 1 too many.

IMO abandon the season and everybody starts again as if it were the start of the 2019/2020 season. Wait until we are out of lock down, protect the NHS and save lives.

On 28/04/2020 at 12:36, CHIPLEY RED said:

IMO abandon the season and everybody starts again as if it were the start of the 2019/2020 season.

My point of contention is we have no idea when it will be safe to start playing again even behind doors, what if it isn't until February? You may as well pick up from where we are at the moment. Financially where is the difference for clubs between waiting to resume this season and waiting to start a new one if this one is called off? I know PL clubs get prize money, I think league clubs get x amount each upon completion of season, I'd award these now at the base amount that would be received, ie in the prem everyone receives how much 20th would get and then on completion of the season award the rest depending on position.

On 28/04/2020 at 12:36, CHIPLEY RED said:

A sobering thought I had last night when talk of a start up plan was being discussed for the top leagues.

If 1 person dies as a result of football starting then that's 1 too many.

IMO abandon the season and everybody starts again as if it were the start of the 2019/2020 season. Wait until we are out of lock down, protect the NHS and save lives.

Agree on this bit, ie the first bolded bit...

...However, this throws up significant logistical and financial complications- whether we like it or not.

Archived