IGNORED

no football till after July

S25loyal

8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Can't see Liverpool being happy to scrap this season. Personally I would re-start whenever it is safe. If that turns out to be October then condense next season, scrap cup competitions, only play eact team once etc. At least all that can be agreed in advance and everyone will know the rules at the outset. 

Sure we wont be either considering the position we are in. Football wont be back till oct at the earliest imo

• Admin
23 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

But they are future events. 

The dig for victory show has been cancelled due to the council banning mass gatherings following government advice till after July, football is no different ? 

When I said "specific" events I meant as in "one offs"

Sport etc will come under a different umbrella - these are local events that councils can control

Sporting fixtures will be decided much higher up the food chain

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I have until end of this month to renew might seat. Still 50/50 on it. I don't trust them to give me my money back if next season doesn't happen.

Maybe the season even has half the fixtures and teams only play each other once.

I’ve bought mine along with thousands of others. I was disappointed the club didn’t give us more time given the situation that was unfolding, but we have to trust they will do the right thing if it comes to cancellations or reduced games etc. 

• Admin
16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I have until end of this month to renew might seat. Still 50/50 on it. I don't trust them to give me my money back if next season doesn't happen.

Maybe the season even has half the fixtures and teams only play each other once.

Legally the club won't have a leg to stand on

It won't be a problem - but can understand why someone would be thinking twice about such a financial commitment at the moment

45 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Playing each time once isn’t suitable for clubs, especially lower down the leagues.

Gste receipts keep them going and with paying wages at moment need all games they can get to stay afloat. 

Don't think we'll be getting a full 20/21 season anyway, they've already named the date for the euros again so any season will need to be fitted into the period between from whenever we can restart and leave a gap before the tournament. 

2 hours ago, TRL said:

That is the point, medical staff are normall there anyway.  I think the point being, if they don't need to be there and can be in hospitals treating people that is where they should be.  Football is totally irrelevent in the countries current situation.

:) I disagree  bin it off. if not for the good of the country, then just so we can laugh at Liverpool!

I think the point would be football would only restart after the peak and when cases are back down to an easily manageable level for the NHS anyway, so more than likely you would have medical workers available at games. 

The thing for me is people seem to be people acting as if we're guaranteed to get a full 2020/21 season (even if you take out all cups) when that's very far from a guarantee. For me it would be a case of finish this season, then 20/21 you only play each team once and its pot luck if it's home or away, just a guarantee you either play 12 or 11 games at home. You can change the rules for 20/21 but 19/20 needs to be finished otherwise its a legal nightmare. Champions league for example if you null and void who goes in? Same teams as before? But Man City were there so who takes their place whether an English team or not it would be a nightmare.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Don't think we'll be getting a full 20/21 season anyway, they've already named the date for the euros again so any season will need to be fitted into the period between from whenever we can restart and leave a gap before the tournament. 

I agree something has to give, but with no income at the moment and clubs cutting players wages how many games can they lose off the calendar and stay afloat if season was shortened. 

2 hours ago, Redpool said:

Cancel the 20/21 season. 

That won't happen as it will be a commercial disaster. There's only 9 games left this season and to miss out on 46 games on matchday income, broadcasting money and other commercial contracts whilst still paying your players would be a disaster. There will be teams with players not available for the last 9 games of the season as they are out of contract. 

I'm getting more convinced by the day that this season will be null and void. 

7 minutes ago, Coppello said:

That won't happen as it will be a commercial disaster. There's only 9 games left this season and to miss out on 46 games on matchday income, broadcasting money and other commercial contracts whilst still paying your players would be a disaster. There will be teams with players not available for the last 9 games of the season as they are out of contract. 

I'm getting more convinced by the day that this season will be null and void. 

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, since I haven't got a foggiest what will happen (I only know what my preference would be), however given we are witnessing a Tory government propose the biggest welfare state handout in history, I wouldn't write anything off on the basis of what might have seemed plausible or logical up to a few weeks back.

Confirmed no promotion, or relegation, from the Isthmian.  Gutted for my local team Worthing who were flying high and looking good for promotion, bugger of a league to get out of too.

More important things though.

And still better to be a Rebel than a Rock.

• Admin
48 minutes ago, hodge said:

Don't forget we were going to get a messed up schedule building up to the 2022 World Cup - this may yet assist in getting the season played 

So if this season is scrapped then what guarantee is there that the next one will start on time.

I think this whole situation is going to change football completely and maybe (albeit bizarrely) for the better. Sadly though a lot of clubs will fold in the meantime.

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

So if this season is scrapped then what guarantee is there that the next one will start on time.

I think this whole situation is going to change football completely and maybe (albeit bizarrely) for the better. Sadly though a lot of clubs will fold in the meantime.

It’s hard but people are saying continue this season and scrap next season,that means if all and well we play the last 10 games this season by December then we will have to wait another 7 months to start the next season 

33 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Wouldn’t there be some merit to start playing again sooner obviously without supporters and televise every game, this might encourage people to stay at home and watch them on tv 

No because it will take away vital front line staff from saving lives. Would look slack using doctors and medics for a game of football when people are dying and the NHS is on its knees. Just can’t see it  

38 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Wouldn’t there be some merit to start playing again sooner obviously without supporters and televise every game, this might encourage people to stay at home and watch them on tv 

Football is way down the list of priorities right now, it can GTF until the important stuff is sorted.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Football is way down the list of priorities right now, it can GTF until the important stuff is sorted.

In the sense of quaratining people definitely. 

But it the sense that sporting events are a massive factor in helping people deal with life and many mental and emotional reasons it will be one of the first things to return 

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

In the sense of quaratining people definitely. 

But it the sense that sporting events are a massive factor in helping people deal with life and many mental and emotional reasons it will be one of the first things to return 

There are more things important than sport than helping people deal with life than sport,obviously this is a football forum so could see why you would say that but sporting events are not one of them to the vulnerable 

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

to miss out on 46 games on matchday income

Pretty sure we won't be getting 46 league games, and definitely not 46 with matchday income, think next season (IF it starts normal time in August) would start behind closed doors anyway. I say we won't be getting 46 league games because some sports are starting to call off events in July where there is minimal contact with others, there you're just about into pre-season, any sort of push back and the start of pre-season gets pushed back. You'll need a full pre-season if 19/20 is null and void as players won't have played a game of football in over 4 months.  

Archived