IGNORED

no football till after July

S25loyal

Complete this season whenever and then next season whenever it starts only play each team once . Gate takings to be split 70:30 (this is double the normal FA cup split for the away club and may actually benefit the smaller club ). Games to be randomly selected  but no more than half the possible games  at home, and  any clashes re local teams playing same day eg Liverpool, Everton , City, Rovers then one of the teams has to play their game away. 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Because the players will have to play the remaining games in a short time and they can’t cope with nonstop games as Klopp has said,unless you are suggesting we play 46 games from the start of the year till May to get it back in sync 

Certainly don't need 7 months recovery time

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

that’s true but who exactly do you mean

Lots of people who earn just a wage from football, not megabucks. Catering staff, security staff, shop staff. maintenance staff, ground staff, community staff, coaches, scouts, and many more. Multiply them by the number of clubs and you have several thousand minimum. Lots of people earn their crust just making sure the game goes ahead. It might just be 3-5pm for us supporters but there is so much happening behind the scene. Loss of football affects them all but I still think this season wont finish anytime soon. Stay safe all. ??? 

4 minutes ago, marmite said:

Lots of people who earn just a wage from football, not megabucks. Catering staff, security staff, shop staff. maintenance staff, ground staff, community staff, coaches, scouts, and many more. Multiply them by the number of clubs and you have several thousand minimum. Lots of people earn their crust just making sure the game goes ahead. It might just be 3-5pm for us supporters but there is so much happening behind the scene. Loss of football affects them all but I still think this season wont finish anytime soon. Stay safe all. ??? 

They will be getting the 80% and surely the clubs will top it up

7 hours ago, S25loyal said:

I know this is corona related and there is a thread,  but it looks like there won’t be any football at Ashton gate (unless behind closed doors) till at least after July. 

The council have banned any mass gatherings till after July. (Waiting for someone to say “least rovers can play then”)

Surely time to cancel the season?

Ultimately, it's the government who set the agenda on mass gatherings. Suspect the jobsworths in councillors are coming out and they'll be put back in their box soon enough.

As to cancelling the season, I don't see why there is a need to make such a decision now.

3 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s hard but people are saying continue this season and scrap next season,that means if all and well we play the last 10 games this season by December then we will have to wait another 7 months to start the next season 

I think that may well happen since the virus will still be around "next season" but it would be possible to finish this season's games (over a longer period) then get back to normal in 21/22, that would be a neat and tidy solution apart from the financial repercussions for the clubs but that's going to happen in any case. If this season is abandoned there could be legal action from the clubs that have lost out (eg Leeds, WBA) and the EFL will want to avoid that possibility.

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I think that may well happen since the virus will still be around "next season" but it would be possible to finish this season's games (over a longer period) then get back to normal in 21/22, that would be a neat and tidy solution apart from the financial repercussions for the clubs but that's going to happen in any case. If this season is abandoned there could be legal action from the clubs that have lost out (eg Leeds, WBA) and the EFL will want to avoid that possibility.

I’m sure a club like Leeds would understand these are unprecedented times and except the situation surely 

• Admin
17 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

There are more things important than sport than helping people deal with life than sport,obviously this is a football forum so could see why you would say that but sporting events are not one of them to the vulnerable 

@joe jordans teeth This touches on the point I was making https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2020-03-25/isolation-anxiety-and-coronavirus-plea-to-protect-mental-health-during-pandemic/

• Admin
1 hour ago, pillred said:

How would that work with the two metre distancing? fine for free kicks but not much else.

It's not like players could be tested and found to be clear of any virus

Perhaps that is how it will logically be sorted!!

21 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

So the Killers gig is off I suppose ?

Not officially yet, but sure to be off. They just haven’t announced it.

My daughter was going to see another band in April who have called off their Cardiff gig. The tour has been rearranged for October/November and all tickets valid, refunds if you can’t make rearranged date. Another band she was due to see a couple of weeks ago had to cancel and refunds given as tickets not issued yet.

I am clinging onto the hope that The Killers are trying to rearrange, but as they are doing stadium tours it won’t be until next close season, and we don’t even know when that will be. 

If it's not safe for fans to be at the ground how can we expect players and staff to put their lives at risk ?? Even if the FA decided to play behind closed doors I'd expect the majority of players to refuse to play and rightly so. This season is finished. Null and void. Can't see next season starting until Autumn at the earliest. Sad but reality.

On 26/03/2020 at 17:25, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s hard but people are saying continue this season and scrap next season,that means if all and well we play the last 10 games this season by December then we will have to wait another 7 months to start the next season 

Depending on dates to resume this season. Say it did finish in December, instead of waiting 7 months you could bring the Euros 2021 forward from June/July? Then start the 21/22 season earlier than usual, and finish it earlier, giving players a longer break before the World Cup 2022 (possibility to bring that slightly forward as well), which would give a longer break after the World Cup and start of 22/23 season?

16 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

If it's not safe for fans to be at the ground how can we expect players and staff to put their lives at risk ?? Even if the FA decided to play behind closed doors I'd expect the majority of players to refuse to play and rightly so. This season is finished. Null and void. Can't see next season starting until Autumn at the earliest. Sad but reality.

If you're not starting until Autumn at the earliest then there's really no guarantee of fitting a full season in for 20/21, may as well finish 19/20 and the alter the rules of 20/21 and only play each team once for example, avoids many sticky legal situations.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

I think you worry about this in a few months. Football is irrelevant.

In the grand scheme of things of course it is, but those in power still need to discuss situations of what is going to/could happen. This naturally creates discussion amongst fans, to be honest seeing the news almost all the time you're awake at the moment over different platforms its nice to be able to talk about something else given the main subject at hand can be disheartening to read constantly.

On 26/03/2020 at 13:17, Dolman_Stand said:

Surely this only applies to council organised events? If this clears up by end of May and the rest of the football league is back up and running in mid June then BCC would not stand in the way

Council gives licences for events 

Archived