IGNORED

Ashton Gate pitch - will it be replaced this summer?

East End Old Boy

• Admin
2 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Not an expert, so putting it out there.

The pitch has been replaced every summer, since I don’t know when. Would it last for two seasons to the same quality as we’re currently used to?

Did it get relaid last summer? 

Can't imagine there was any time with the concerts 

I remember wondering last summer if they had as there were no photos released like we used to have 

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

I remember wondering last summer if they had as there were no photos released like we used to have 

Not relaid was such. Grass killed off and re-seeded. Yes. 

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

I’m sure it was @phantom although I’m now doubting myself!

3 minutes ago, James54De said:

Yes of course, thank you!

Hard to do so when you don't know when you'll be asked to restart as it needs a minimum of 6 weeks, if the FA keeps delaying any restart by 4/5 weeks then you can't be sure the pitch will be ready. One club (pretty sure it was a premier league club) has re-laid theirs in this break but they were on it straight away.

• Admin
1 hour ago, ITK..... said:

Simply who cares...... coronavirus pandemic and we are worrying about pitches?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Believe or not the world is still carrying on around all this

I'm certain nobody was worried in this thread, but it may actually help people deal with things at the moment talking about things like this

I appreciate I have no idea how the coronavirus is personally affecting you, but we all deal with anxiety etc in different ways - and no, no one way is the right way

2 hours ago, James54De said:

I can always remember the pictures of the tractors coming in and taking off all the topsoil and just this ground of brown soil being left

I think talking about replanting the pitch is a positive thing. The hope that it will be new beginnings and we have something to look forward to...even if it is the first sighting of Lee with his grass measuring thing putting his thumbs up as we can have football again!

Archived