IGNORED

Favourite European Championship

Chairman Mao

In absence of this summer's edition what are your favourite Euro's memory?

I was lucky enough to go to Portugal for Euro 2004. Saw England vs. Croatia & Portugal, Germany vs. Czech Republic, Greece beat France and win the whole thing in the final. It was an incredible experience and I still think that England side was the best team in recent years;

Rooney, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen, Neville, Campbell, Terry and Cole. Hargreaves on the bench. Not bad! 

14 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

In absence of this summer's edition what are your favourite Euro's memory?

I was lucky enough to go to Portugal for Euro 2004. Saw England vs. Croatia & Portugal, Germany vs. Czech Republic, Greece beat France and win the whole thing in the final. It was an incredible experience and I still think that England side was the best team in recent years;

Rooney, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen, Neville, Campbell, Terry and Cole. Hargreaves on the bench. Not bad! 

First one I remember is England's shitshow in 1980.

Loved 1984, Platini was immense. I don't recall many of the games getting shown though.

Went to 1996, 2000 and 2016, and have happy memories of each, particularly the day in Lyon in 2016 for Northen Ireland v Ukraine.

Arrived early doors from Nice with my sister to have a nose about the town and then find a place to watch England v Wales. Ended up in an English pub near the St George church at opening time. A load of Scottish fans also turned up. Good natured carnage ensued, and ended up with my sister shaking me awake in a taxi, across open fields from the ground, some 15 minutes past kick off, having then to leg it across the open space towards the stadium. Tried climbing a lion statue outside the ground, slid off into a pool of rain and met the gaze of a French policeman who just shook his head at me with a beleaguered look about him. Got lost getting back to the hotel, and fell asleep in a packed bar, eating my tea, watching Germany v Poland.

Never been to a Euros but quite enjoyed (England aside) Euro 2000.

I thought the quality, the intensity was excellent,  concentrated and yet didn't drag- 16 teams. Nice format, lot of strong sides, good groups. Hey it wasn't all bad for us we did beat Germany after all!

All of them had certain selling points but I thought Euro 2000 was excellent overall.

Euro 96, held here in England, Three Lions blaring everywhere,  the feeling of going from utter devastation to ecstasy as David Seaman saved Gary McAllister penalty and less than a minute later Gaza’s wonder goal beating Scotland.

A few days later, the finest England performance of my lifetime, playing beautiful fast free flowing Football to beat Holland 4-1. Then winning a penalty shoot out to beat Spain.

Sadly there was another so near, yet so far story in the semis v Germany, but for the sheer excitement, and buzz that was around the country, this was the best Euros for me.

Sweet 92 only there just over a week and as in previous post over shadowed by trouble 

Euro 2000 finally beating Germany, bloody hot in Belgium, free train home on euro tunnel 

euro 2004 Wayne Rooney and watching some descent England performance, great place to stay

euro 2012 ,Ukraine was a great country to visit and something a little different 

euro 2016 trying really hard not to be smug on the ferry back home after beating the taffs , Iceland not so great 

rather game Russians in Marseille 

got tickets for this year but still valid if it goes ahead next year . 

quite like the euros as get less filler teams unlike the World Cup 

stay safe everyone 

• Admin
51 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Sweden 1992 

short and sweet with loads of trouble .... 

only kidding 

Hated that short little prick Brolin ever since - him and his spinning goal celebration 

Euro '96 as we really should have won the tournament that year and it brought England together as a nation - spanking the Dutch was an obvious highlight, in fact practically all the games were great 

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hated that short little ***** Brolin ever since - him and his spinning goal celebration 

Euro '96 as we really should have won the tournament that year and it brought England together as a nation - spanking the Dutch was an obvious highlight, in fact practically all the games were great 

Fat little gargoyle went on to play for Leeds.  Even more reason to despise them. 

Archived