IGNORED

Imagine the meltdown if this happened today!

phantom

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

I feel we missed an opportunity here.

When Mansfield borrowed Rovers' kit the day they went down, imagine if Mansfield had been playing in Citys kit that day!20200327_111003.jpgscreen-shot-2020-03-26-at-160223.png

Copied from: 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/a-history-of-city-kits-and-crests/

That photo makes me feel very uncomfortable...……………...…...…......

They will of course now be claiming Big John as `one of uzzzz who loved da famus quarterzzzzzz`

5 hours ago, phantom said:

I feel we missed an opportunity here.

When Mansfield borrowed Rovers' kit the day they went down, imagine if Mansfield had been playing in Citys kit that day!20200327_111003.jpgscreen-shot-2020-03-26-at-160223.png

Copied from: 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/a-history-of-city-kits-and-crests/

The other guy is wearing white. Why would big John not be wearing  red. No need to change surely.

5 hours ago, 22A said:

City had a fan's poll in 1994 and showed some possible designs in the EP Check out option D.

image.png.e1c330b43fcb622610c79fa1ebf1b5df.png

Name the city youngsters, do you have the fill page?..

B- Paul Milsom?

C- Dominic Barclay?

D- no idea

E- Mike Donaldson

On 27/03/2020 at 22:14, alexukhc said:

Name the city youngsters, do you have the fill page?..

B- Paul Milsom?

C- Dominic Barclay?

D- no idea

E- Mike Donaldson

Barclay is right, Donaldson is right, excellent cricketer for Frenchay over the years. Milsom was a very good local footballer, started with Warmley but that is not him 'B'.

12 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Barclay is right, Donaldson is right, excellent cricketer for Frenchay over the years. Milsom was a very good local footballer, started with Warmley but that is not him 'B'.

Correct. Paul Milsom used to live around the corner from me and we used to be in the same school team (Courtney Primary), that's not him at B.

21 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Our youngster Marcus Day was also with Warmley

The gas only stole the ideal of da famous quarters from other teams because, in the words of a director of theirs' they wanted to be noticed'.  Everton wore the blue and white quarters in 1884-86 .Shrewsbury 1907-08. Many other teams including Wolves , Newcastle and of course the team they actually copied Wycombe, also had the quarters before they decided to punch the ideal. Around 1938 / 40 I believe the gash even wore Red and White quarters. 

6 hours ago, fatchers said:

The gas only stole the ideal of da famous quarters from other teams because, in the words of a director of theirs' they wanted to be noticed'.  Everton wore the blue and white quarters in 1884-86 .Shrewsbury 1907-08. Many other teams including Wolves , Newcastle and of course the team they actually copied Wycombe, also had the quarters before they decided to punch the ideal. Around 1938 / 40 I believe the gash even wore Red and White quarters. 

If they wanted to be unique why didn't they do a quick Google search to see that they were being anything other.  Typical Rovers............?

9 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Whenever City play in blue we lose. We also played in blue at Leyton Orient in 1982, using Orient's away kit as we'd forgot to bring ours. After an early thunderbolt from Alan Hay put us 1-0 up we fell apart and got a 4-1 hammering. 

Was that a cup game? If it was, it was Peter Johnson who scored not Alan Hay but I do remember us being in blue one time up there.

57 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Was that a cup game? If it was, it was Peter Johnson who scored not Alan Hay but I do remember us being in blue one time up there.

It was the FA Cup. I thought it was Alan Hay but I stand to be corrected. I remember the player advanced down the left and hit a left foot screamer from 25-30 yards. 

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It was the FA Cup. I thought it was Alan Hay but I stand to be corrected. I remember the player advanced down the left and hit a left foot screamer from 25-30 yards. 

It was Johnson then, cracking goal. I always remember the beer hut at the back of the away terrace too - I reckon that was one of the last times you could actually buy a pint on the terraces.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It was Johnson then, cracking goal. I always remember the beer hut at the back of the away terrace too - I reckon that was one of the last times you could actually buy a pint on the terraces.

Could be, but I remember buying beer on the terraces at Preston when they had their plastic pitch. 

Archived