IGNORED

James McClean fined

phantom

• Admin

Stoke City winger James McClean has been fined two weeks’ wages by the club for an inappropriate social media post.

The 30-year-old Republic of Ireland international has also agreed to delete his Instagram account.

He posted a picture of himself wearing a balaclava in front of two children, with the caption “Today's school lesson - History” along with a laughing emoji.

“I never wanted to cause any offence but I now realise I did so and for that I apologise unreservedly,” he said.

“I have spoken to the club and will be deleting my Instagram account.”

McClean is from Londonderry, where British soldiers shot civilian protestors during Bloody Sunday in 1972.

IMG_20200327_152224.jpg

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Stoke City winger James McClean has been fined two weeks’ wages by the club for an inappropriate social media post.

The 30-year-old Republic of Ireland international has also agreed to delete his Instagram account.

He posted a picture of himself wearing a balaclava in front of two children, with the caption “Today's school lesson - History” along with a laughing emoji.

“I never wanted to cause any offence but I now realise I did so and for that I apologise unreservedly,” he said.

“I have spoken to the club and will be deleting my Instagram account.”

McClean is from Londonderry, where British soldiers shot civilian protestors during Bloody Sunday in 1972.

IMG_20200327_152224.jpg

He's a turd of the highest order.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

City fans seem to have a bit of a tieup with Rangers though so that may also influence thinking here..

Don't get it, long enough has passed for us to be able analyse it rationally. 

We had no place being there, ever. A very quick read through the history of home rule etc etc puts us to shame. 

Them too, of course but I don't see how you can argue against us being the aggressors over several centuries. 

28 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Don't get it, long enough has passed for us to be able analyse it rationally. 

We had no place being there, ever. A very quick read through the history of home rule etc etc puts us to shame. 

Them too, of course but I don't see how you can argue against us being the aggressors over several centuries. 

I'm fairly objective over it but people who may have nationalist sympathies generally may not be.

McLean is a dick but people who have nationalist sympathies can tend to be one eyed.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm fairly objective over it but nationalists such as those on here generally aren't.

McLean is a dick but nationalists tend to be one eyed.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, he's a bellend. No need to go in as hard as he does and clearly enjoys winding people up. 

But I can respect his decision not to wear a poppy. It would be exactly the same as Brit playing in Germany being forced to wear a Swastika, (I'm not comparing the poppy to a swastika and wear mine with pride, before some melt gets their knickers in a twist) 

8 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, he's a bellend. No need to go in as hard as he does and clearly enjoys winding people up. 

But I can respect his decision not to wear a poppy. It would be exactly the same as Brit playing in Germany being forced to wear a Swastika, (I'm not comparing the poppy to a swastika and wear mine with pride, before some melt gets their knickers in a twist) 

You wear your swastika with pride? ?

6 hours ago, downendcity said:

There are 2 dangerous viruses  - covid 19 and stupidity.  :grr:

Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be a hell of a population drop.

And that's a quote by the way

13 hours ago, J-mat said:

What a repulsive analogy.

The poppy is to thank ALL of those who gave their lives, on all sides and all civilians, including the Irish and not just in the great war. 

I pity those who do not know the true meaning of symbols.

8 hours ago, phantom said:

The thing I don't understand. There's not a chance that he's the only top flight player with the same history etc

But it's always him that attracts the problems 

I think I heard somewhere that he had family killed in the troubles by loyalists. Might be bullshit but he may have been very personally affected.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

The poppy is to thank ALL of those who gave their lives, on all sides and all civilians, including the Irish and not just in the great war. 

Doesnt the swatika mean well being?

Yes the Nazis stole it but that doesnt mean we should be repulsed by the symbol  that symbol was brutalised for a short period of its history. Buddhists Hindus jains and many more use the swatika to mean well being and have done so for centuries before anyone even thought of a nazi.

It's time the world was taught the proper meaning of symbols.

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

The poppy is worn to show support for the Armed Forces.  McLean doesn’t want to support the Armed Forces for obvious reasons.  I respect his decision to not wear one. He has gone a bit far with this social media post though.  

As usual, this type of post brings out "best" in people.

I do not profess to know the guy, his family or his religious beliefs but with his talent he was quite happy to become a professional football player in England and take considerable payment in this country for it. It has also enabled him to play at international level for his country.

His beliefs are his own and as such should be kept that way and not put into the public domain.

Why bite the hand that feeds you?

Archived