IGNORED

James McClean fined

phantom

22 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps he had family who were killed on Bloody Sunday. Who knows?

Good Friday was a two way street or at least one way mostly.  We the UK let a lot of criminality slide, and in return the cessation of violence and disbanding of the provos.  So celebrating it is not acceptable ever.  Remember the Birmingham pub bombings those poor families will never see any justice because of the good Friday deals.  It's the spirit of live and let live.  So no!

27 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Good Friday was a two way street or at least one way mostly.  We the UK let a lot of criminality slide, and in return the cessation of violence and disbanding of the provos.  So celebrating it is not acceptable ever.  Remember the Birmingham pub bombings those poor families will never see any justice because of the good Friday deals.  It's the spirit of live and let live.  So no!

I agree, amnesty must be for all sides and is necessary for peace, probably.

Your Birmingham example was curious though given that those who were locked up were stitched up- innocent- wrong place, wrong time. Interesting example you provided.

Birmingham Six who were sent to prison over it were innocent unless you missed that minor detail. Unless of course you mean that the case won't be reopened and that's what you mean by no justice?

McLean is a dick granted.

I don't understand how there's even a discussion over the poppy issue, let alone most people siding against him.

He comes from a town where the British killed innocent people. The poppy, to some, is a symbol of Britishness. It's pretty easy to see why he might not want to be seen siding with the British politically on that one. No matter what the tabloids might tell you, Britain isn't perfect and has had shameful moments in its history.

Not to mention the fact that forcing someone to wear a poppy is doing the exact opposite of what that poppy and those who died represent.

The Instagram post is pretty daft but this thread went on a tangent.

9 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I'm not going to dissect every atrocity but we agree on these points.

By the way, your point about Birmingham.

I'm unsure what you mean. There was a double miscarriage there- those who died in it and were victims of it, the bereaved and wounded got nothing but the other miscarriage was that the six who were sent to prison were done so incorrectly as they were innocent. Google "The Birmingham Six".

If you mean because of GFA that they have to not reinvestigate it then that's a compounded double injustice, if not a triple injustice.

Archived