IGNORED

Not missing football

CyderInACan

Is it just me? The world has become such a vastly different place so quickly and staying safe & looking after your friends and family has become so important that I honestly haven’t had time to miss football at all. I couldn’t tell you who we were supposed to be playing today either as the iPhone calendar has gone and the OS has removed them too. 

Have I gone mad or is football just not as important as we used to think it was?

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Is it just me? The world has become such a vastly different place so quickly and staying safe & looking after your friends and family has become so important that I honestly haven’t had time to miss football at all. I couldn’t tell you who we were supposed to be playing today either as the iPhone calendar has gone and the OS has removed them too. 

Have I gone mad or is football just not as important as we used to think it was?

Football probably isn’t big on anyone’s mind at the moment but when all this blows over it will be the same as it always was for the vast majority I would say. 

I cannot see this virus making the population go through some sort of altruistic revolution. 

It’s probably because we’ve adapted pretty quickly to the lock down and accepted the fact that there is no football or any sport of any kind. Because of that resignation I’m not missing footie or missing bowls and both are/were a significant factor in my daily life.

Since virus and the social distancing regular life has simply changed and we have no choice but to get along with it.

Maybe because it was looking to be a nothing season for us, drifting steadily further from the play-offs to end by bumping up gently onto the shores of mediocrity.

People do call time on a season and just want a fast forward to the next one where we might achieve something.

This time they actually have their wish.

I would expect that a WBA or Leeds fan would have a very different view.

25 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Football probably isn’t big on anyone’s mind at the moment but when all this blows over it will be the same as it always was for the vast majority I would say..

Too true. looking back in history; the 1914-15 season was completed in full, then came a break until August 1919.

The 1939-40 season was abandoned after three games. City had P3 W1 D1 L1 F5 A5. Football resumed in August 1946 As this was the main entertainment after the war years, attendances boomed.

The PC response is no not missing it but after a week of home schooling, weeks of trying to keep business afloat and all the other pressures that come with adjustments we’re all making plus the novelty of movie nights wearing off.

Personally, I miss the escapism of watching live sport.

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

This situation has really killed football for me. Seeing headlines about Pogba demanding a move to Madrid, clubs still planning on spending £50 plus million on players. Clubs looking to finish the season because of Tv revenue. There’s more important things than football

12 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Not missing the losing DNA of Bristol City FC a bit. Better off without the total bullshit.

Seriously mate , find another team. Your posts are negative and you appear to get no pleasure out of Bristol City FC

I am not missing football at all . 

Since the start of the new season , sponsored by Corona, Mrs Isewater and I have been training well .

There are no injuries to report .

Today we kicked off early at 7.30 am and had breakfast as normal, Four sausages , four tomatoes and two eggs leaving us just a little short at the back . 

At half time, Mrs Isewater did some essential food shopping away from home .

She bought in some reserves , which was the goal. Chicken drumsticks gave us some fresh legs . 

When we restarted we lined up in an attacking formation. All was going well until our Italian wine went down in the box and we had to open a new one. 

The steaks were high but we hung in there and finished them off in extra time .

All in all a good performance and we go again tomorrow. 

The current regulations are all-pervading and are affecting a lot more than football. However, notwithstanding all that has occurred and with respects to those at the sharp end, I remain in the Shankly camp. The sudden shutdown of football has made me feel lost and empty. The days all seem the same and featureless. When this is all over, we will have a new perspective, but for the time being...

paused.png.001e829dcf91983627bfc94c1a843a45.png

Not had time to miss it TBH although working from home makes every day feel the same. I got up this morning and started checking a few things and answering emails and didn't realise it was Saturday until my lad came and told me. 

Far more important things than football ATM in all honesty.

Stay safe everyone.

I’ve got to say, I’m not missing watching City at all - it’s been tedious and boring for so long, regardless of our league position.

Must admit though, I’m gutted for Liverpool. They’d have romped to the title with a record points total this season playing wonderful, exciting football and previously maligned players such as Jordan Henderson would have rightly been crowned champs in a blaze of glory - it ain’t gonna happen now, for totally understandable reasons, but it’s a crying shame ...

Archived