IGNORED

Not missing football

CyderInACan

Not missing any of it other than catching up with my mates that I go with over a few beers before and after the game.  Feels a bit strange to me really just how little I am missing actual football itself in general, not just City games. Maybe it will be a big reset for some, me included. We shall see. 

25 minutes ago, eric04 said:

It’s not just the actual football, but the thought of it that I most miss. The anticipation of it on a Friday night and Saturday morning. The actual 90 minutes rarely lives up to those expectations. A bit like Christmas! 

Christmas - for me - is all in the build up, the week leading up to it. Bit like FA Cup final day (the morning and all the build up), before football was invented in 1992. 

Yep. I miss it. I miss a load of other things as well. My grandkids no longer prancing round and all my family life.

You read about this all day long and different experts  telling us how long this will go on for.  The only sure thing is we will emerge to some normality in months ahead.  the EFL. if I was a betting man remaining games played behind closed doors to conclude the season with all players tested and virus free. I cannot see a time in two months when crowds will be allowed back 

On 28/03/2020 at 03:32, CyderInACan said:

Is it just me? The world has become such a vastly different place so quickly and staying safe & looking after your friends and family has become so important that I honestly haven’t had time to miss football at all. I couldn’t tell you who we were supposed to be playing today either as the iPhone calendar has gone and the OS has removed them too. 

Have I gone mad or is football just not as important as we used to think it was?

I haven’t missed it anything like I thought I would have and I haven’t missed this place at all. LJ in/out, SL do something/nothing MA Buy us Random Striker/Random Defender, we are a big club/mid table div 2 side, sums up 90% of the threads and sums up who we are, the biggest club never to have played in The Premier League...Its quite nice having to not take my meds for Robin’s disease in such high doses! (Read alcohol) 

On 28/03/2020 at 05:39, One Team In Keynsham said:

Has been quite enlightening to realise how little I have been bothered to date by no football.

City fatigue is a real thing I guess. Hopefully we will get over it, but for now the enforced stay at home and rest order is quite cathartic!

It isn't so much going to the game but the things that go with it. Living where I do the games are the only times I get to see some people.

Also , I never realised how much of my every day life it impacted. From conversations in the office to where I spend the majority of my time online (no not there you perverts....). I am enjoying using that time to investigate new bands and music instead though.

I miss it when I think about it. When football got postponed that's when shit got really real for me.

However, me and the mrs are both working from home and splitting time looking after our 2 year old son. If I'm completely honest I have less free time now than I ever have so that has helped keep my mind off it.

I'm missing football games a little bit, but I'm hating some of football world's aspects, such as...

On 28/03/2020 at 13:03, daored said:

Seeing headlines about Pogba demanding a move to Madrid, clubs still planning on spending £50 plus million on players. Clubs looking to finish the season because of Tv revenue. There’s more important things than football

I miss City and football but have accepted the situation from day one. This thing is bad and no one know how it ends. City and football are important but at the moment there are many things that is more important then football and other sports. Got a work that I go to mo- friday. Can there meet mates and live normal. Weekends are more than calm. Take care all of you!

• Admin

Football, F1, rugby, all of it, I spend a lot of time listening to the radio, usually R5 and they do cover sport pretty well, understandably, they are now struggling to fill the schedules, so the sooner some sport comes back the better - even if it was behind closed doors it could be broadcast on TV and radio, it would at least give something to look forward to.

Has no one realised that you can still watch Belarus League football???

In an incredible turn of events Neman beat Vitebk 2-0. Crazy result! This was obviously eclipsed yesterday when Dynamo Brest thumped Slutsk 1-0. Absolutely incredible- the worlds gone mad.

As the Belarus authoritarian/dictator President says:

" There is no Corona Virus if you drink vodka and do farm work". (*)

Thank goodness for football and all those involved in making such great decisions.

(*) he really did say that.

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Has no one realised that you can still watch Belarus League football???

In an incredible turn of events Neman beat Vitebk 2-0. Crazy result! This was obviously eclipsed yesterday when Dynamo Brest thumped Slutsk 1-0. Absolutely incredible- the worlds gone mad.

As the Belarus authoritarian/dictator President says:

" There is no Corona Virus if you drink vodka and do farm work". (*)

Thank goodness for football and all those involved in making such great decisions.

(*) he really did say that.

Have a sauna as well. Apparently. 

It will be interesting how many people after a possible 12 weeks of no football , will not renew for next season as they’ve found other things to do and saved money not just on the ticket but everything associated in going to a match , Food, drink and transport costs

On 30/03/2020 at 21:30, E.G.Red said:

It will be interesting how many people after a possible 12 weeks of no football , will not renew for next season as they’ve found other things to do and saved money not just on the ticket but everything associated in going to a match , Food, drink and transport costs

What "other things" can we have all been doing during lockdown-lite? And drinking all day in your dressing gown doesn't count! 

Not missing football - as things stand I'm treating this break as the close season.

As for OTIB, hope the more amusing and light hearted posters will continue to post regularly, and those not normally of that mindset will make an effort to be so.

No end of websites to go on and be depressed, it would be great if we all try to ensure (as far as possible) that OTIB isn't one of them.

Not surprisingly quiet on here though - a good time for those who have never started a thread to rack their brains and break their duck.

On 30/03/2020 at 21:30, E.G.Red said:

I’m sure that I’m not alone but I’ve already renewed my season card. 

Archived