IGNORED

Fastest ever City goal?

Olé

What was it? And if you're bored, your starting point is this match - where we scored 13 seconds from kick off in the first half and 14 seconds from kick off in the second half:

(There's also a Junior Bent far post header if you're a fan of the unexpected)

20 minutes ago, Olé said:

What was it? And if you're bored, your starting point is this match - where we scored 13 seconds from kick off in the first half and 14 seconds from kick off in the second half:

Ah... 2 of Liam Robinson's goals for City.  The other 2 were also against Peterborough earlier in the season.

Prolific Striker - 4 goals in 41 games!

22 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Ah... 2 of Liam Robinson's goals for City.  The other 2 were also against Peterborough earlier in the season.

We sold him to Burnley after, and the next  season and he scored a fair few for them, including one against us!

31 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Criminal when you look back we went from Bob Taylor to Andy Cole and end up with Liam Robinson and Ian Baird. Crikey.

48 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Didn’t we score very early in both half’s against Grimsby in the 1997-98 promotion season?

That’s the one that sprang to my mind straight away. 
Didn’t Colin Cramb score after about 15 seconds..?

I was actually at a corporate day out at a QPR game that day and remember getting some odd looks when I jumped up in celebration, in the QPR directors box..! 

Sorry to delve back into the dim mists of the past, but I'm pretty sure that John Galley scored one in less than 10 seconds from kick off (though it might have been the start of the second half) at Ashton Gate in the late 60s.  Can't remember much more than that except that I think Chris Garland was playing.  Anyone back me up?

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

Not the earliest in a game, but Pertii Jantunnen scored after five minutes into his debut.

For away games, how about at Swansea last season, 30 seconds?

I was going to say Swansea (Weimann I think).

Thought it was less than 30 seconds but checked and it was 31 seconds.

27 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

As to opponents, anyone quicker than (I think) Mellon for Blackpool, opening day 1995/6? 12 seconds or something like that.

Correct. City went 2-0 down, but our Aussies brought it back to 2-2.

I also saw City concede after 12 seconds at PNE December 72. Typical Christmas game 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2 HT. Only 1 goal in the second half and we came home with a 3-3 draw.

27 minutes ago, 22A said:

Correct. City went 2-0 down, but our Aussies brought it back to 2-2.

I also saw City concede after 12 seconds at PNE December 72. Typical Christmas game 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2 HT. Only 1 goal in the second half and we came home with a 3-3 draw.

Pretty sure the opening day Blackpool game finished 1-1...? Could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

We sold him to Burnley after, and the next  season and he scored a fair few for them, including one against us!

I was up there for that one. I think it was a header as well? Anyway, 25 years on and I still don't expect any city fan that was there believes what they saw.

27 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

I don't remember that keeper at all, commentary says he was understudy to Keith Welch.

I vaguely remembered the name, looking him up, that was his one and only appearance for us. Went to Weston, Chester and so on. He is now goalkeeping coach at Oxford United.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ve not looked it up. By pure memory I recall them scoring after a few seconds and the David Seal equalising. 

Yeah 

I was late getting to the ground from work. 

Walked in at kick off. We were a goal down before I got into my seat 

18 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He did but I think it might have been a Saturday. I was with my former brother-in-law who supports them and he`d only just sat down!

Yes, and it kicked off at 2pm for some odd reason, and I was sitting in my car on Spike Island and had just turned on Radio Bristol when he scored.  The awful realisation dawned and I ran to the ground by about 2.15.  Inevitably, there were no more goals!

Archived