Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Olé

Fastest ever City goal?

On 28/03/2020 at 15:47, Olé said:

The impressive thing about that game/performance was Grimsby rocked up something like 16? Games unbeaten and closing in on us in second.  We absolutely destroyed them that day and after that there was no doubt we were going up. The only mystery is how we threw away the title, well selling Goater probably one reason.. 

On 28/03/2020 at 12:55, One Team In Keynsham said:

As to opponents, anyone quicker than (I think) Mellon for Blackpool, opening day 1995/6? 12 seconds or something like that.

That was James Quinn

On 28/03/2020 at 13:02, formerly known as ivan said:

I could have sworn Robinson also scored 2 vs Brentford in the last game of a season?

It was a Leroy Rosenior hat trick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TomF said:

His one game for which I think he got MOTM. We seemed to always play the sub keeper for the last home game for a while 

Yeah, according to Wiki he got MOTM. He went on to have a good career at L2/Conference level with Chester, Hereford and Bury.

2 hours ago, TomF said:

The impressive thing about that game/performance was Grimsby rocked up something like 16? Games unbeaten and closing in on us in second.  We absolutely destroyed them that day and after that there was no doubt we were going up. The only mystery is how we threw away the title, well selling Goater probably one reason.. 

I remember the press reports afterwards which said something like `The Grimsby players had spent the morning shopping in Bath and some looked as if they were still there`.

On 28/03/2020 at 11:15, BS15_RED said:

Didn’t we score very early in both half’s against Grimsby in the 1997-98 promotion season?

I thought about that one - the Goat scored as quickly as he could run from the centre spot to their box - must have been seconds. I was there and enjoyed that game very much - I think we ended up winning 4-1.