IGNORED

Sainsbury's Match Report

PhilC

Sorry it's a bit late, I've been a busy busy since full time... Match report from today which I shared with some friends and thought I would share here:

Well the first half got off to a ropey start as I entered the field of play with two 50p pieces and an early subsituation was needed for a £1 coin. I admit it was a bad start and very unsettling.

I quickly overcame this bad start and made a strong recovery picking up the Norwegian Salmon-Prawns and Fruitnveg on the left hand side. Towards the end of the first half I had to call my mum to see if it was worth bringing on some extra milk but she said it wasn't worth it and to keep formation, as we had milk on the bench.

The second half was a strange one as it felt like there were extra players on the field, paticularly down the and middle and on the right, and it was difficult to find space and create any movement. I gave Flash-Wipes a chance at centre forward today, but I had my doubts when I saw Dettoll-Wipes warming up on the touch line, so I reversed my decision and made a substitution.

I picked up a silly yellow when I huffed at one of their coaches, I think, and gave him a dirty look, but I thought he deserved it for leaving his technical area and getting too close to me. There was just no need to get in my face like that but anyway, It was heat of the moment.

Unfortunately we lacked some basics today like pasta and tinned tomatoes, but the likes of your toilets rolls, your breads, and your nappies all turned up today.

At the end of the day, I think it was a strong performance, even though there are a few negatives. I thought there was a strong finish that showed there's still pace even when its needed late on. We've also got a few freezer players who are going to keep training with the fresh ones, and hopefully they'll be ready to use in a couple of months, which we're really excited about.

We go again, and I'm looking forward to picking up 3 more bags of shopping next week.

Archived