IGNORED

The "they were massive... and quite rightly so" thread

AppyDAZE

5 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Queen should be put as post #1 in the "vastly overrated, they were F-ing awful" thread.

Dreadful band IMHO.

They touched brilliance with their album ‘ Sheer Heart Attack ‘ .

A Night at the Opera was a very good album as was ‘ Innuedo ‘.

Where I join you is in their commercial crap like ‘ I want to break free ‘ , ‘ Bicycle Races ‘ ‘ Radio Gaga ‘ ...

44 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

They touched brilliance with their album ‘ Sheer Heart Attack ‘ .

A Night at the Opera was a very good album as was ‘ Innuedo ‘.

Where I join you is in their commercial crap like ‘ I want to break free ‘ , ‘ Bicycle Races ‘ ‘ Radio Gaga ‘ ...

Seen them twice. First time they supported Mott the Hoople. Second time was in Adelaide when Night at the Opera was doing the rounds. Have to say I was very disappointed.

• Admin
14 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

First album I ever bought, still get goosebumps when i hear the 3 groove clicks before the  Immigrant Song starts, still bloody love it 50 years on!

Been my favourite band for as long as I can remember, was lucky enough to see them live - awesome experience.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Me too Knebworth 79, bloody fantastic!

First weekend or second?  They played so long past the cutoff point on the first weekend, the council insisted it was more rigorously enforced the second.  IIRC the laser light show was the the first one in the UK at a festival, seeing that coming off of Jimmy Pages violin bow.....

As an aside, that was Fairport Convention's farewell gig, bit premature... I have seen them a few times since and their festival at Cropredy is worth going to. I doubt that will go ahead either this year.

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

First weekend or second?  They played so long past the cutoff point on the first weekend, the council insisted it was more rigorously enforced the second.  IIRC the laser light show was the the first one in the UK at a festival, seeing that coming off of Jimmy Pages violin bow.....

As an aside, that was Fairport Convention's farewell gig, bit premature... I have seen them a few times since and their festival at Cropredy is worth going to. I doubt that will go ahead either this year.

Went both weekends, queued up at Virgin to get tickets for the first one, but also applied by post so got both weekends in!

Archived