IGNORED

Bands you can’t stand who annoyingly make tracks you love

Port Said Red

At the risk of stealing one of @AppyDAZE future threads, here’s one to discuss.

I do have this theory that any band or artist that hangs around long enough, will eventually make a song or two you like, but is it true?

I’ll start with

Still haven’t found what I am looking for- U2 but there will be others. 

31 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I do have this theory that any band or artist that hangs around long enough, will eventually make a song or two you like, but is it true?

I’ll start with

The "on fire" is for the AppyDaze thread reference bit, NOT about U2. I like them a lot, but mostly the early stuff.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Never a massive Blur fan, or Oasis come to think of it...  but I do like a couple of Blur tracks.

Oasis? mmm

Here come the hate mail

No, I am with you on Oasis. I would actually like to like them more, because Noel Gallagher always seems pretty switched on when I see him interviewed.

The first thing I ever heard by them was Cigarettes and Alcohol, it was on an NME floppy disc give away, and I thought hang on, these seem alright. But I never quite got that feeling again.

• Admin

A slight tangent, but I went to a festival and the first night headliners were UB40, never really listened to them much, not a huge reggae fan.  I was going to see them start and then wander off for a mooch round the rest of the festival site or even go to the village for a pint.  Never got there, they were brilliant, they knew how to play to a festival crowd, the songs were performed really well and the whole crowd was up on their feet.

I'd certainly go and see them again.

7 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Fleetwood Mac. My mum played them endlessly when I was a kid which resulted in me detesting them.

But “You Can Go Your Own Way” is a great song.

I'm with you. Not a fan as such, but think that is a good record. Really good actually.

Best call yet, for me.

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Never been a huge Elton John fan but Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is a banger.

Elton John is a bit of odd one out for me, I like a lot of his songs, but usually put that down to the fact that Bernie Taupin wrote the lyrics of the stuff I like.

19 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

No, I am with you on Oasis. I would actually like to like them more, because Noel Gallagher always seems pretty switched on when I see him interviewed.

The first thing I ever heard by them was Cigarettes and Alcohol, it was on an NME floppy disc give away, and I thought hang on, these seem alright. But I never quite got that feeling again.

I think once you have heard one Oasis song, the rest are just diluted versions of the song you heard first.

And Wonderwall can **** right off.

4 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

You must really hate Deacon Blue if you also hate the songs they didn't do....  :)

See above. I always thought it was them doing that one. What a bastard irritating song it is too. Sorry Deacon Blue, really sorry.

Prefab Sprout, your name is stupid, your song is stupid, go away!

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

See above. I always thought it was them doing that one. What a bastard irritating song it is too. Sorry Deacon Blue, really sorry.

Prefab Sprout, your name is stupid, your song is stupid, go away!

I am not fond of either, but my wife loves both, so I have to suffer their music at times. And I'm with you, they do tend to bleed into one bland act.

15 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Everything by Deacon Blue irritates me crazy (hot dog, frog or whatever it is they say), but I sometimes sing along to it   :laugh:

Just realised it's Prefab Sprout  :laugh: Always did muddle those two up. Hate BOTH.

7 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I am not fond of either, but my wife loves both, so I have to suffer their music at times. And I'm with you, they do tend to bleed into one bland act.

Sorry, but I really like Prefab Sprout and they could go into the category of bands that should have been bigger.

These couple of tracks might make you change your mind, if King of Rock & Roll is all you know.

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry, but I really like Prefab Sprout and they could go into the category of bands that should have been bigger.

These couple of tracks might make you change your mind, if King of Rock & Roll is all you know.

Know a fair bit of their music, it just doesn't do it for me.

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Listen, i am a fair and open-minded music fan. Give me an album and I' promise to listen to the entire thing and let you know what i think. I'm all for a challenge. I prefer albums, so if you can suggest one, i'll youtube-listen to the whole thing if poss.

This is Prefab Sprout btw, I'm not sure I could do a Deacon Blue one.

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Listen, i am a fair and open-minded music fan. Give me an album and I' promise to listen to the entire thing and let you know what i think. I'm all for a challenge. I prefer albums, so if you can suggest one, i'll youtube the whole thing if poss.

Fair enough. The album Steve McQueen. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL94gOvpr5yt1ZgCC9rrh6RliMSbxHC9ao

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Listen, i am a fair and open-minded music fan. Give me an album and I' promise to listen to the entire thing and let you know what i think. I'm all for a challenge. I prefer albums, so if you can suggest one, i'll youtube-listen to the whole thing if poss.

This is Prefab Sprout btw, I'm not sure I could do a Deacon Blue one.

I have been taking advantage of my new deck to listen to vinyl I have not played in years.

Today's offering is the 1987 debut by Colorblind James Experience.

Give it a go.

71IIMt2g2PL._SS500_.jpg.23d6694c2d1814b7666ea70a19b26469.jpg

On 29/03/2020 at 11:16, Port Said Red said:

I’ll start with

I can disprove that theory in one word - Coldplay

Archived