IGNORED

Bands you can’t stand who annoyingly make tracks you love

Port Said Red

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I can disprove that theory in one word - Coldplay

They’re a good example for this thread. Coldplay are probably the most middle of the road band that have ever existed. Just too uninspiring to actually hate.

But I do love “Yellow”. That songs mixed up with all sorts of personal things to me, so it’s probably more memories than the song itself that make me love it.

4 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Everything by Deacon Blue irritates me crazy (hot dog, frog or whatever it is they say), but I sometimes sing along to it   :laugh:

Just realised it's Prefab Sprout  :laugh: Always did muddle those two up. Hate BOTH.

Amendment: Heard the album "Steve McQueen" today in its entirety. I DON'T  hate both, this is a very good album.

Cheers @Port Said Red

18 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Not a band but...... Rick Astley and all that S,A &W crap. 

BUT much to my own annoyance, just loved Cry For Help. great song !

His more recent albums, with his own compositions have received reasonable critical acclaim. I can’t say I have taken a look, but a couple of tracks on tv shows have sounded bearable.

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Not a band but...... Rick Astley and all that S,A &W crap. 

BUT much to my own annoyance, just loved Cry For Help. great song !

His music is certainly not my cup of tea, but saw him live last year as support to Take That (took my wife and our bridesmaids as a wedding anniversary outing), and was impressed with his voice and showmanship. Plus, he seems to be one of the good guys.

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

His music is certainly not my cup of tea, but saw him live last year as support to Take That (took my wife and our bridesmaids as a wedding anniversary outing), and was impressed with his voice and showmanship. Plus, he seems to be one of the good guys.

Yes, I've seen him interviewed once or twice recently, nice grounded bloke.

Archived