IGNORED

Photos from daily exercise at The Gate

PhilC

Hi all,

After watching The Big Match Revisited on BT Sport earlier, I decided to take a walk down to Ashton Gate for my daily exercise. I think my main highlights are the first 10 photos, which is my usual routine on a match day. From checking I have my season ticket just before I leave, and seeing Ashton Gate throught the gaps in the houses on Raynes Road, to just seeing Turnstile Entrance 26-30 again, really gave me a buzz, even if there wasn't any football to watch. The last one is pretty good too - at this point it's safe to say I wasn't exercising, but stopped for a few minutes to peer through the gap in the gate to reflect.

Enjoy!

001.jpeg

002.jpeg

003.jpeg

004.jpg

005.jpeg

006.jpeg

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Can't believe that no one has mentioned the "supporter" thingy.

Contribute a mere £5 a year to OTIB to become a supporter, you then have unlimited uploads.

Plus the pretty purple writing under your name.

I didn't realise that was one of the benefits (As well as being a contributor to the up keep of the forum of course.)

I had better get on it...

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

It oddly feels reassuring that it's there waiting for us to return

Honestly @RedM, I urge anyone who like me is fortunate enough to live near by to head down there for an hour... it really did make me realise that after all this,  we will be back... and I can't wait for that roar when the first game kicks off.

4 hours ago, PhilC said:

Honestly @RedM, I urge anyone who like me is fortunate enough to live near by to head down there for an hour... it really did make me realise that after all this,  we will be back... and I can't wait for that roar when the first game kicks off.

Nice one Phil. 

I have a feeling the first game might be in an empty stadium and perhaps a few after that as well. We can only hope not.

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Nice one Phil. 

I have a feeling the first game might be in an empty stadium and perhaps a few after that as well. We can only hope not.

I feel it will be just the opposite, an absolutely massive celebration that most of us have come through. No doubt it will be pretty emotional too with the inevitable losses amongst us. 

Lets face it, football will be one of the last things that will be allowed to return to normal. People will be confident that there is no longer a danger by the time we are all allowed to be shoulder to shoulder again. So it wont be for quite a while yet, probably mid November in the snow!

16 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Fantastic photo's.  Was there anyone else around at the time?

Damn though the stadium is far too white and bland for my liking, ***why can't they just splash a bit of red around the walls?

*** what like used to happen now and again in and around the old East End in the good old bad old days?  ;) 

15 hours ago, PhilC said:

There are more but there's a limit. Could a Mod sort this so I can share the photos as there's no football right now please?

Excellent photos Phil and so lucky to have such a fantastic stadium! Looking between the houses must be where shed man lived and the white house next to the media centre is that lived in?

23 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Damn though the stadium is far too white and bland for my liking, why can't they just splash a bit of red around the walls?

Agreed. Always wanted City to rebuild AG rather than move to Ashton Vale but the lack of red and BCFC identity is the one major disappointment, and one I didn't foresee at all.

45 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Excellent photos Phil and so lucky to have such a fantastic stadium! Looking between the houses must be where shed man lived and the white house next to the media centre is that lived in?

House is owned by the club.

It used to be the Robins Cafe where all the players would have a bacon roll and a cup of tea after training. Then I think it was an extension of the ticket office that used to be next to it and latterly used by the community trust. I think they transferred to somewhere in the stadium. No idea what it is now though.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It used to be the Robins Cafe where all the players would have a bacon roll and a cup of tea after training. Then I think it was an extension of the ticket office that used to be next to it and latterly used by the community trust. I think they transferred to somewhere in the stadium. No idea what it is now though.

Cheers bcfc01, it's been a few years since I've been around that part of the stadium so it's all change for me. Is the pub still there (I think on Ashton Road at the side of the park) and may have been called the robins nest or has that long gone?

16 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Cheers bcfc01, it's been a few years since I've been around that part of the stadium so it's all change for me. Is the pub still there (I think on Ashton Road at the side of the park) and may have been called the robins nest or has that long gone?

Do you mean the Wedlocks ?

Demolished a long time ago;

https://whatpub.com/pubs/AVN/898/wedlocks-bristol

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Damn though the stadium is far too white and bland for my liking, why can't they just splash a bit of red around the walls?

I agree. To not even have the club crest anywhere on the outside of the stadium is criminal IMO.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

It's the matchday stewards office. The community trust (now renamed the Robins Foundation share offices with The Rugby Foundation and are in offices located through VIP entrance 3, in the Dolman/Southstand corner. Bristol Sport Foundation have offices under the Atyeo Stand

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Yes that's the pub and for some reason I thought it was called the robins nest maybe in the late 70's early 80's but must have imagined that!

Could you somehow be mixing it up with this?image.jpeg.edd958e569bab6c9556ab08d5fad8590.jpeg

Easily done! ;)

On 29/03/2020 at 22:35, PhilC said:

"Hello Officer.  I know I've been driving for 40 minutes (hey, never got here so fast though!), but, yes, this is essential."  :city:

Archived