IGNORED

Grealish shows his usual class

Lrrr

16 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm sure that it won't damage his career at all.

He was a bit stupid and what he did was morally wrong, possibly legally wrong in this climate. But he wasn't drunk, didn't write off a car or two, or smash a car into a tree, then ran away - like some previous footballers did with no damage to their careers. Some have gone inside and still have careers when they got out. 

Tony Adams served time.  That's being punished. That's fine in my eyes.

He won't play for England under Southgate certainly and most of the'bigger' clubs will stay well away as he's shown himself to be a complete liability.  He's only going to be indulged at Villa...

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

@Delta knows the full details he can let us know

True, but the difference this time around is that Southgate is very strict about how players conduct themselves not only on the pitch but also off of it

Ole' will no doubt be thinking whether Grealish is the player worth investing in or whether it is better to go elsewhere

I think Grealish is a little way down the pecking order but if he was really needed, I suspect Southgate would be encouraged by his bosses "take a view" as I think he might if an established player like Kane, Sterling or even Maguire transgressed.

I doubt a club side anywhere is bothered about such an insignificant incident but could be wrong of course. A lot of clubs ours included couldeven  use such an incident to offload some contracted players but would adopt a different approach if it were someone they wanted to have or keep and most fans I suspect would back that approach, as discriminatory as it undoubtedly is.

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Tony Adams served time.  That's being punished. That's fine in my eyes.

He won't play for England under Southgate certainly and most of the'bigger' clubs will stay well away as he's shown himself to be a complete liability.  He's only going to be indulged at Villa...

Time will tell.

I can see him getting a big money move - if he wants it.

And I can see him playing for England in the not too distant future if he gets his head down and plays to his potential - it'll be extremely hard not to select him if so.

This will all die down once football starts up again.

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Time will tell.

I can see him getting a big money move - if he wants it.

And I can see him playing for England in the not too distant future if he gets his head down and plays to his potential - it'll be extremely hard not to select him if so.

This will all die down once football starts up again.

All gets forgiven once the password " I learnt my lesson" is uttered. The England squad is full of players who haven't behaved themselves, and clubs have no morals whatsoever if they think a player can improve them..

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

I think Grealish is a little way down the pecking order but if he was really needed, I suspect Southgate would be encouraged by his bosses "take a view" as I think he might if an established player like Kane, Sterling or even Maguire transgressed.

I doubt a club side anywhere is bothered about such an insignificant incident but could be wrong of course. A lot of clubs ours included couldeven  use such an incident to offload some contracted players but would adopt a different approach if it were someone they wanted to have or keep and most fans I suspect would back that approach, as discriminatory as it undoubtedly is.

Down the pecking order?  What games do you watch?  He's better than Barkley, Mount & Maddison for starters.

Southgate is an absolute imbecile for overlooking Jack, previously appearing to claim that Jack was competing with wingers such as Sterling for a place.

As a Villa fan, the longer he stays out of the limelight, the better.  England can cough and splutter their way through on some noble battle to the quarter finals of any competition they like for all I care - Just so long as our players aren't involved.

Hopefully, the incident has also put off potential suitors - At least for one more season anyway.

Of course clubs will want to keep assets.  Sacking Grealish would just hand another club £80 odd million worth of talent for free.  Nobody is going to do that.  He may be stripped of the captaincy but even that is not guaranteed.  Of course, he also stands to loose sponsorship deals that he currently has (Nike being one) so the incident could eventually end up costing him more that £1 million.

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

All gets forgiven once the password " I learnt my lesson" is uttered. The England squad is full of players who haven't behaved themselves, and clubs have no morals whatsoever if they think a player can improve them..

Sorry, but this is particularly low. On a par with Tony Adam's. Only real difference is the Police's ability to do anything about it. He should at least be charged with leaving the scene of an accident. 

1 hour ago, Delta said:

Down the pecking order?  What games do you watch?  He's better than Barkley, Mount & Maddison for starters.

Southgate is an absolute imbecile for overlooking Jack, previously appearing to claim that Jack was competing with wingers such as Sterling for a place.

As a Villa fan, the longer he stays out of the limelight, the better.  England can cough and splutter their way through on some noble battle to the quarter finals of any competition they like for all I care - Just so long as our players aren't involved.

Hopefully, the incident has also put off potential suitors - At least for one more season anyway.

Of course clubs will want to keep assets.  Sacking Grealish would just hand another club £80 odd million worth of talent for free.  Nobody is going to do that.  He may be stripped of the captaincy but even that is not guaranteed.  Of course, he also stands to loose sponsorship deals that he currently has (Nike being one) so the incident could eventually end up costing him more that £1 million.

The only 'absolute imbecile' here is Grealish. 

2 hours ago, Delta said:

£80 million? If any club stumps up that much for a decent premier league player then that is crazy

2 hours ago, Delta said:

I think people on otib (you know, Bristol City fans not interlopers from other clubs) see enough of your hero to make an informed, and unbiased opinion and I don't see him currently as better than Mount or Maddison who to be fair are surrounded by much better players than Grealish.

Southgate isn't all that but is no imbecile having delivered a pretty succesful national team and is giving youth a chance.Therefore I would tend to view his insight as being superior to your own on footballing matters to be honest.

You get relegated again and he will go along with anyone else with a decent agent so the best thing for you is the season being written off.

Your final paragraph appears to agree with my view that clubs approach disciplinary matters according to the value of the asset they have, or would like to have.Therefore this very minor incident won't affect his career prospects .

43 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Sorry, but this is particularly low. On a par with Tony Adam's. Only real difference is the Police's ability to do anything about it. He should at least be charged with leaving the scene of an accident. 

Sorry, what do you mean ? Adams was bang to rights and its pure speculation that Grealish was pissed out of his skull.

Recent England squads have been full of players who have done more than Grealish and forgiven after showing public regret.

Plus (more speculation) we have no idea of course what other things such players have been up to which is known by colleagues and clubs and hushed up.

If he is good enough he will be picked by England. Despite his persistent  champion on here, I think there are other options currently, although if he played for a decent side he could well go to another level, actually look up to his new team mates and big name manager, knuckle down and be a permanent fixture in the England set up.

14 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I think people on otib (you know, Bristol City fans not interlopers from other clubs) see enough of your hero to make an informed, and unbiased opinion and I don't see him currently as better than Mount or Maddison who to be fair are surrounded by much better players than Grealish.

Southgate isn't all that but is no imbecile having delivered a pretty succesful national team and is giving youth a chance.Therefore I would tend to view his insight as being superior to your own on footballing matters to be honest.

You get relegated again and he will go along with anyone else with a decent agent so the best thing for you is the season being written off.

Your final paragraph appears to agree with my view that clubs approach disciplinary matters according to the value of the asset they have, or would like to have.Therefore this very minor incident won't affect his career prospects .

Goals                 Assists

Grealish                  7                           6
Mount                     6                           5
Maddison               6                           3

Yeah - I'm sure the people on otib can make informed decisions - Just as we've seen on the FFP witch hunt dicussion.

Keep Maddison & Mount in the England team for all I care.  I think you'll find that by after the Euros though, they'll both be playing 2nd fiddle to Jack.

22 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

£80 million? If any club stumps up that much for a decent premier league player then that is crazy

Great - They can look elsewhere for better value then.

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He’s better than Mount and Maddison by some distance IMO. Just a shame he’s such a ******* weapon. 

At cheating?

41 minutes ago, Delta said:

Yeah - I'm sure the people on otib can make informed decisions - Just as we've seen on the FFP witch hunt dicussion.

Keep Maddison & Mount in the England team for all I care.  I think you'll find that by after the Euros though, they'll both be playing 2nd fiddle to Jack.

You think he is better than people on this forum on whose opinion you place little value so agree to differ and move along 

1 hour ago, Delta said:

Villa will probably stay up by default. However,  when relegation does happen then the shit will hit the fan

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Villa will probably stay up by default. However,  when relegation does happen then the shit will hit the fan

Another season up there gives us another year of the big money (and condemns WBA & Leeds to another year of Championship money).

I read somewhere just before this happened that it would take us 4 years to catch many of the bottom half PL teams financially.

In your scenario, if we stay up, we have an opportunity to rectify many of the mistakes made this time around.

not sure why people are getting so hyped up about Grealish. His behaviour, as idiotic as it is, is small fry. As a sport, football is completely morally bankrupt, and you can list the examples by the bucketload: from Quatar and Russia to the Sala-Cardiff fiasco and Mike Ashley's latest stunts. And there are hundreds if not thousands of other such examples. 

Grealish is a berk but he''s really not worth the worry....

Missed this thread but just to pass comment on Delta.

Good post by @Down Town how does Delta know so much?

Interestingly, that posters first post was on the FFP thread to dispute whether Aston Villa in breach, etc etc- and what was interesting was that they posted pretty sharpish after it was released on the Villa website, a statement regarding their accounts and compliance. Had a look and was posted a mere 6-7 minutes after it appeared on Twitter. Timely?

Now I digress but back on topic, seems to me that Delta might well be pretty close to the inside- closer than a mere fan in any case?

Reminds me of a poster called @DerbyFan . A poster whose initial and large numbers of forays were also about FFP- seemed to know a little too much, or at least be a little oversensitive about the debate.

How did VAR take so long to see that Grealish had actually stamped on the Palace player, cheating get.

Palace had a good goal disallowed by VAR as well, clearly came off his shoulder not handball.

VAR and the people using it are useless get rid.

10 minutes ago, fatchers said:

Why was'nt Grealish booked for Diving. He go'es down quicker than a house of cards in a hurricane. Serial diver.

He is, just like that new bloke at Man U (Fernandes) & Salah.

On 12/07/2020 at 15:54, cidercity said:

How did VAR take so long to see that Grealish had actually stamped on the Palace player, cheating get.

Palace had a good goal disallowed by VAR as well, clearly came off his shoulder not handball.

VAR and the people using it are useless get rid.

Since the season re-started, the number of VAR decisions that have been so obviously wrong is now embarrassing.

You can excuse  the referees decision made in real time in most cases, but when the VAR officials have the benefit of slow motion replays but still get it so wrong the it is inexcusable.

Archived