IGNORED

Emo and related

AppyDAZE

Let's not forget that there has been some really decent music from the bands of this century.

I'm talking Brand New, Alkaline Trio, Cursive, MCR etc. to name only a few that I have enjoyed.

Other suggestions welcomed, and let's broaden it out to include other excellent stuff from good bands circa late 90s and after.

Lydia is another quality "band" form this era, I say band because it is more or less a solo project of a guy called Leighton Antelman and he is good

at times very, very good.

16 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Let's not forget that there has been some really decent music from the bands of this century.

I'm talking Brand New, Alkaline Trio, Cursive, MCR etc. to name only a few that I have enjoyed.

Other suggestions welcomed, and let's broaden it out to include other excellent stuff from good bands circa late 90s and after.

Lydia is another quality "band" form this era, I say band because it is more or less a solo project of a guy called Leighton Antelman and he is good

The "pre-emo" 80s stuff was great, Fugazi and Suicidal Tendencies for example.

Late 90s onwards stuff. Early Green Day, Senses Fail, Deftones.

Had a Sum-41 CD in my car the last few weeks which is a lot of fun!

27 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

10 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

The "pre-emo" 80s stuff was great, Fugazi and Suicidal Tendencies for example.

Late 90s onwards stuff. Early Green Day, Senses Fail, Deftones.

Had a Sum-41 CD in my car the last few weeks which is a lot of fun!

My daughter got me listening to Death Cab for Cutie, which I really grew to like. I also really liked Sufjan Stevens, as I know you like albums @AppyDAZE try Come on! Feel the Illinoize! Possibly the only album title to have two exclamation marks in it. :) 

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

My daughter got me listening to Death Cab for Cutie, which I really grew to like. I also really liked Sufjan Stevens, as I know you like albums @AppyDAZE try Come on! Feel the Illinoize! Possibly the only album title to have two exclamation marks in it. :) 

listening right now to that Prefab album half way through...

There was 2 tracks on side one that I really, really liked  :laugh:   Bonny and Goodbye Lucille #1

Still listening side two coming up

Archived