IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

So hypothetical situation if the league does get delayed for a few weeks, anyone have any ideas on whether the start of the next season would be pushed back a bit?

The problem is the Euros. The Prem is due to finish on May 17th then the Euros start 12th June. 

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Honestly don't see the Euros going ahead this summer, think they could be postponed to the 2021 off season

I think this is what will happen and I totally agree with it.

Mostly because we need to protect ourselves from CONVID19 as best as possible... but also a little bit due to it allowing Harry Kane and Marcus Rashford gettting to get 100% fit for next summer.

15 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Delay Euros until Summer 21, suspend season for a month and get it finished by middle of June. If matches have to be played every 3 days then so be it.

Will that have a knock-on effect to the following season as well I wonder, seeing as the footballing calendar will be skewed by the later World Cup?

11 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Looks like everything is going behind closed doors ..will get refunds for any home games we cant attend?

I would say 'highly unlikely' and to be honest, I wouldn't expect clubs to refund either. 

We committed our cash, the clubs have spent it (and some). Only thing you might be able to argue would be some sort of Section 75 claim (depending on how you paid) against your card provider.

It's out of their control.

7 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

I think this is what will happen and I totally agree with it.

Mostly because we need to protect ourselves from CONVID19 as best as possible... but also a little bit due to it allowing Harry Kane and Marcus Rashford gettting to get 100% fit for next summer.

Also there are still the Euro Playoffs that still need to be played.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Will that have a knock-on effect to the following season as well I wonder, seeing as the footballing calendar will be skewed by the later World Cup?

How would they schedule WC qualifiers?

20 minutes ago, hodge said:

So hypothetical situation if the league does get delayed for a few weeks, anyone have any ideas on whether the start of the next season would be pushed back a bit?

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Honestly don't see the Euros going ahead this summer, think they could be postponed to the 2021 off season

Going to all have a knock on effect.

If this season is delayed then 2020-21 will potentially be late starting to give players their off season. If we then have Euros in 2021 then that could put a delay in 2021-22 as there will be the international qualifiers to catch up on.

2022-23 is already messed up with Qatar 2022 in November/December.

Could potentially be 2023-24 before we have a normally scheduled season again (in worst cases with all delays)

24 minutes ago, hodge said:

The virus could still be around next winter so they will try and finish this season without crowds then see how things are in August

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Going to all have a knock on effect.

If this season is delayed then 2020-21 will potentially be late starting to give players their off season. If we then have Euros in 2021 then that could put a delay in 2021-22 as there will be the international qualifiers to catch up on.

2022-23 is already messed up with Qatar 2022 in November/December.

Could potentially be 2023-24 before we have a normally scheduled season again (in worst cases with all delays)

Messrs Klopp and Guardiola already get their y-fronts in a twist about fixture congestion, this will give them both coronaries

Rumours* - and they are just that - are that Boris isn't planning any great changes to how the public assemble at the moment.

Advice expected to be to work from home where you can, be sensible and to continue washing your hands.

*Taken from the internet no less.

Don't know if the football authorities are more/less risk minded and will do something different.

19 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Looks like everything is going behind closed doors ..will get refunds for any home games we cant attend?

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I would say 'highly unlikely' and to be honest, I wouldn't expect clubs to refund either. 

We committed our cash, the clubs have spent it (and some). Only thing you might be able to argue would be some sort of Section 75 claim (depending on how you paid) against your card provider.

Force Majeure a factor here?

Came across it in my day job so I wonder...out of control, unforseeable circs etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Interesting legal debate. I’d say the product you bought - 23 home games - is not “as described” and therefore you are entitled to a partial refund.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Interesting legal debate. I’d say the product you bought - 23 home games - is not “as described” and therefore you are entitled to a partial refund.

Think unlikely, certainly for ST sales.

Definitely an interesting debate legally and commercially however.

That said, football clubs aren't like any other business- maybe something would be offered even if it isn't a strict obligation?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

you might get a free XS 125th Anniversary shirt…:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

If you want to watch City again this season I suggest you go to Blackburn. Only a matter of days until sporting events are cancelled IMO. 

Thats my thoughts. Night in Manchester then watch the game in Blackburn and home. Nothing for 4 weeks afterwards at the rate this is going.