IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

33 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I don't mind Piers as he will at least ask some proper questions and doesn't seem to care if anyone is offended by his questioning, but he does need to let people finish what they are saying, and then call them out if need be. 

Piers does seem to be able to formulate and ask a reasonable question.

The problem is, once he has asked one, he gets so giddy with excitement at being a clever boy, he refuses to listen to an answer. He simply talks over them, so questions never get resolved. Which makes him look like a colossal *****.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Is anyone falling out with family members who aren’t conducting themselves properly in all this?  Brexit caused family arguments so assuming this is as well.  Fallen out with my brother who is being quite selfish. 

Almost lost it with my Uncle who is in his 70's and decided to go to the pub on Friday after hearing the announcement.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

I don't think cutbacks were unnecessary, maybe some were and some were done in the wrong places etc.

What have you got to say about the obscene PFI contracts? Do you not think this is part of the reason for cutbacks and partly why there is even less money for the NHS?

Yep, PFI is a disaster, another symptom of neoliberalism ideology, carried out by successive neoliberal governments.

Unnecessary austerity, another symptom of neoliberalism.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Yet there seem to be some posters on here who see it as their job to try to stop pressure and criticism and seemingly place their political ideology over that need to save lives by continually defending the government and trying to shut down all criticism. Each time events have proven them wrong and yet they continue to say we should not criticise the government, even though that criticism has changed policy and saved lives.

This situation is not about ideology and it is not about party politics. It is about the government doing the right things to keep people save and, where that is not happening, ensuring the government acts. Anyone who places a need to defend the government and "not make things political" as a priority over criticising the government in the areas where they may not be saving lives utterly, utterly baffles me. 

Agreed. Its like some of them see 'Boris' as a personal friend.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Can anyone please explain why we are still allowing people into this country from Italy and China and everywhere else?

Are They ?

Just had my flights cancelled for Wednesday to Glasgow (meeting had already been cancelled a couple of weeks ago). If they're cancelling internal flights I'm surprised they are still allowing international flights. Pretty dumb really.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm not going to get into such a stupid, fatuous, and peurile argument with you or anyone else.

In other words he lied and you’d rather not admit it.

how can we have any faith in chancers like him to mitigate the impacts of this crisis if he’s prepared to blatantly lie like this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Are They ?

Just had my flights cancelled for Wednesday to Glasgow (meeting had already been cancelled a couple of weeks ago). If they're cancelling internal flights I'm surprised they are still allowing international flights. Pretty dumb really.

image.thumb.png.bce142984f8abfb85be7add7b682df9f.png

2 minutes ago, Chappers said:

In other words he lied and you’d rather not admit it.

how can we have any faith in chancers like him to mitigate the impacts of this crisis if he’s prepared to blatantly lie like this.

WTF are you talking about.

Jeez, this ignore list is getting longer by the day.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The problem is, once he has asked one, he gets so giddy with excitement at being a clever boy, he refuses to listen to an answer. He simply talks over them, so questions never get resolved. Which makes him look like a colossal *****.

He’s an opportunist slug who’s always had an intuition of how to stay relevant. He went to US after being disgraced at the mirror being a talk show host who railed against gun ownership. When he failed over there and became a joke he gradually reinvented himself eventually finding targeting “snow flakes” or transgender people would  endear him to the “These days you get arrested for being English” brigade. 

Now after bullying several high profile women in the media and becoming a bit stale now no one cares about transgender people he’s found an opportune moment to lay into the government and win some credit. 

Edited by Odysseus

3 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

If anything good comes out of all this, it might just be that certain people realise that low paid doesn’t mean low skilled or of low importance.

To this day I don’t know how Steve Hilton and David Cameron managed to detoxify these upper class ******* to the average voter. They’re still the heartless nasty party but the brand just disappeared or lessened over the years. They no longer hate gay people but they still have no empathy for low skilled workers.

2 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

To this day I don’t know how Steve Hilton and David Cameron managed to detoxify these upper class ******* to the average voter. They’re still the heartless nasty party but the brand just disappeared or lessened over the years. They no longer hate gay people but they still have no empathy for low skilled workers.

Careful, unelected Zac might call you a ****.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've always disliked Morgan greatly before this, but he has been tenacious, stubborn and excellent at holding the government to account throughout their shambolic response.

Other so called journalists who only have a story when they're spoon fed lines to disseminate without question when it suits 'a senior source' have been glaringly conspicuous by their absence.

Fair play to Piers Morgan ( I never thought I'd type that).

Edited by Stortz

28 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

If anything good comes out of all this, it might just be that certain people realise that low paid doesn’t mean low skilled or of low importance.

Hopefully it'll make them realise how much extra is needed in our healthcare system and a review into how massively they've ****** the numbers of staff, I don't want to go into a debate on Brexit but you have to wonder if how much better the NHS would be coping with this if we'd had the numbers working in the system pre referendum to what we have now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

Can anyone please explain why we are still allowing people into this country from Italy and China and everywhere else?

Government in the commons now pushing through legislation to close airports and ports and have advised all Brits abroad who live here to get back now.

Boris to "address the country" at 20.30.

Lock down..

Edited by bcfc01