IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

28 shut out of 270 currently.

Roughly 10%.

Wasn't aware there were quite so many. 

Unsure if there is a straight line correlation but it will have had a knockon. I read that the Tube was 60-70% down on footfall but who knows, those pictures tell a different story.

Perhaps it disproportionately affects certain lines, who knows. 

9 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

It will be interesting to see how tightly they lock things down and how people react. I think people will be fine for a bit, but tempers are going to rise after a week or two.

I totally agree. The UK seems to have lost its' spirit with people having the 'screw you, I'm alright' attitude which means this won't end well, sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wasn't aware there were quite so many. 

Unsure if there is a straight line correlation but it will have had a knockon. I read that the Tube was 60-70% down on footfall but who knows, those pictures tell a different story.

Perhaps it disproportionately affects certain lines, who knows. 

40 closed.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11206006/london-underground-tube-stations-closed-tfl-coronavirus/

Yes, its the dreadful Sun rag..

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I totally agree. The UK seems to have lost its' spirit with people having the 'screw you, I'm alright' attitude which means this won't end well, sadly. 

Yeah. I think most people are decent and caring. But we have a very loud minority who just don’t care about anybody else.

• Like 3

• Admin
50 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Government in the commons now pushing through legislation to close airports and ports and have advised all Brits abroad who live here to get back now.

Boris to "address the country" at 20.30.

Lock down..

One of the BBC journos on R5 just now said he was in Egypt a few days ago and all the Brits were advised to leave for home ASAP.  He did and said that there were some who just said, Nah, we’ll stay to the end of the holiday.  Now Dubai airport is close to closure, one of the major travel hubs.  There are going to be people stuck abroad for quite sometime and if they ignored advice, then I haven’t got much sympathy.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm thinking they'll go for a lockdown lite of some description. 

That's neither nor then isn't it mozo? it's either lockdown or it's not.

While I don't disagree that we MAY do a half-hearted lockdown, isn't that a bit like saying a door's shut when it clearly isn't?

No disrespect meant.

7 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Been told the police have been given Gold Command. No idea what that is tbh, but it sounds ominous. 

Sounds like VAR to me :ph34r:

The Gold Commander is in overall control of their organisation’s resources at the incident.

They are not on site, but located at a distant control room, the Gold Command, where they formulate the strategy for dealing with the incident. If the Gold Commanders for the organisations involved are not co-located, they will be in constant communication with each other.

Gold Commanders meet periodically to discuss and formulate policies and working practices between their organisations, and to pre-plan coordination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

WTF are you talking about.

Jeez, this ignore list is getting longer by the day.

Unfortunately this crisis is not showing some on here in their best light is it, I'm afraid people want a scapegoat and Boris is an easy target, look I don't think he comes out of this blameless but the best sight in the world is 20:20 hindsight.

After advice chaps

My GF's daughters boyfriend went to italy 3 weeks ago came back and self isolated for 14 days he went round to there house on fri so had contact with the 3 of them but has since been poorly 111 said it could be sinusitus or corona. My GF and girls are now self isolating but i went round on saturday obviously had no contact with him but do i have to self isolate? My GF and daughters are showing no symptoms. Cant seem to find advice on NHS website

4 minutes ago, Super said:

After advice chaps

My GF's daughters boyfriend went to italy 3 weeks ago came back and self isolated for 14 days he went round to there house on fri so had contact with the 3 of them but has since been poorly 111 said it could be sinusitus or corona. My GF and girls are now self isolating but i went round on saturday obviously had no contact with him but do i have to self isolate? My GF and daughters are showing no symptoms. Cant seem to find advice on NHS website

What else would you do other than self isolate?  Why would you take the chance?